Russian Federal Research Institute of Fisheries and Oceanography FSBSI «VNIRO», Russian Federation, Moscow, V. Krasnoselskaya St., 17
The analysis of errors in the calculation of practical salinity S, arising when use the international algorithm for its calculation using the conductivity C measurement data, the temperature T and the hydrostatic pressure p [1,2,5] is made. The approximations of partial derivatives of these parameters for the equation of total differential of salinity calculation in accordance with the CTp measurements for ranges of salinity variation 2≤S≤42 psu, temperature -2≤Т≤35оС and pressure 0≤р≤10000 dbar are calculated. An analysis is made for the contribution of separate constituents, which are consequence of instrumental errors in CTp measurements to the overall error in the calculation of salinity depending on the values of STp parameters.
Keywords: salinity, error, conductivity, temperature, pressure, partial derivatives, CTpmeasurements.
LIST OF REFERENCES
- Oceanology: instrumental methods for measuring the main parameters of sea water / V. S. Arkhipkin, A. Yu. lazaryuk, D. E. Levashov [et al.] / / MAKS Press Moscow, 2009. P. 336.
- Gsssd 77-84. Sea water. Practical salinity scale 1978.
- Ramazin A. N., Levashov D. E. Methodological recommendations for calibration and metrological support of water environment parameters meters. Moscow: VNIRO Publishing house, 2016. P. 127.
- IOC, SCOR and IAPSO, 2010: The international thermodynamic equation of seawater 2010: Calculation and use of thermodynamic properties. Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission, Manuals and Guides. 2010. No. 56, UNESCO (English). P. 196.
- Perkin R.G., Levis E.L. The Practical Salinity Scale 1978: Fitting the Date. IEEE. J. of Oceanic Engineering, 1980. OE5. P. 107–114.
- The acquisition, calibration and analysis of CTD data. UNESCO Technical Papers in Marine Science. 54. A report of SCOR Working Group 51.1988. P. 94.