O.A. Stepanova, P.V. Gaisky
Institute of Natural and Technical Systems, Russian Federation, Sevastopol, Lenin St., 28
UDC 578.4(262.5); 681.3.06
The change in the electric conductivity of sea water (samples from the Karantinnaya Bay, the Black Sea) was studied for the first time by a multi-day laboratory experiment, before and after pasteurization. The role of the biotic factor as the example of microalgae Tetraselmis viridis and Phaeodactylum tricornutum cultures and their algal viruses (strains TvV-S1 and PtV-S18 ) was shown. A decrease of electric conductivity of sea water during the viral lysis period was observed against the background of temperature increase of studied water environment in the experiment.
Key words: electric conductivity of sea water, algal viruses, microalgae.
LIST OF REFERENCES
- Proposal for SCOR WG to Investigate the Role of Viruses in Marine Ecosystems // Proceedings of the Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research (Venice, Italy, Sept. 2004). Baltimore (USA), 2005. Vol. 40. P. 66–70. (Annex 4).
- Suttle C. A. Marine viruses – major players in the global ecosystem // Nature Reviews Microbiology. N 5. P. 801–812.
- Wommack K.E., Colwell R.R. Virioplankton: Viruses in aquatic ecosystems // Microbiol. and Molec. Reviews. 2000. Vol. 64, N 1. P. 69–114.
- Interaction of a living system with an electromagnetic field / R. R. Aslanyan, S. V. Tulsky, A.V. Grigoryan [et al.] / / vest. Mosk. UN-TA. Ser. 16. Biology. 2009. No. 4. P. 20-23.
- Influence of the short-wave part of the spectrum of ultraviolet radiation on bioenergetic processes of the blue-green algae Spirulina platensis / G. V. Barinov, O. A. Stepanova, V. G. shaida [et al.] / / Ecology of the sea. 2000. Issue 50. P. 26-28.
- Bozhkov A. I., Menzyanova N. G., Kovaleva M. K. Annual growth rate of microalgae Dunaliella viridis Teod (Chlorophyta) and fluctuations of some Heliophysical factors // Algology. 2008. Vol. 18, No. 3. P. 229-243.
- Boyko A. L. Complementarity of viral components and its significance for scientific research and practice / / Bulletin of the Institute of agricultural Microbiology. 2000. no. 6. P. 14-16.
- Boyko A. L. Fundamentals of ecology and Biophysics of viruses. K.: Fitosociocenter, 2003. P. 164.
- Boyko A. L., Anokhin V. M., Sakhno T. N. The effect of gamma radiation on VTM isolated from rose oil // Questions of Virology. 1973. no. 3. P. 281-284.
- Boyko A. L., Shved A.D., Grigoryan Yu. A. Influence of a constant magnetic field on the tobacco mosaic virus / / Bulletin of the USSR Academy of Sciences, 1975, no. 8, P. 26-31.
- Evstafyev V. K., Bondarenko N. A. The nature of the phenomenon “melosira years” in oz. Baikal / / Hydrobiological journal. 2002. no. 1. P. 3-12.
- Evstafyev V. K., Bondarenko N. A. Why melosira Baikal develops in even-numbered solar cycles, and Icelandic – the odd? // Biophysics. 2002. No. 5. P. 943-944.
- Zagorodny Yu. V., Beiko I. V., Boyko A. L. Mathematical modeling of the behavior of the tobacco mosaic virus under the action of a constant magnetic field. National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. 1995. No. 5. P. 130-131.
- Karasevich A. V., Guseynova V. P. Combined effect of some pollutants and UV radiation on photosynthesis of phytoplankton // Gidrobiol. journal 2004, no. 6, P. 84-100.
- Semenov K. T., Aslanyan R. R. Features of growth of single-celled green algae culture after exposure to an electromagnetic field in media with deuterated water //Biophysics. Vol. 58, No. 1. P. 70-74.
- Sirenko L. A. Activity of the Sun and “blooming” of water / / Hydrobiological journal. 2002. No. 4. P. 3-10.
- Influence of magnetic flux on the formation of influenza virus in vivo / A. F. Frolov, N. I. Golovin, I. V. Bulgakova [et al.] / / Reports of the national Academy of Sciences. 2004. No. 5. P. 193-196.
- The epidemic process of influenza and some factors of the biosphere of physical nature / A. F. Frolov, M. I. Orlyuk, V. I. Zadorozhnaya [et al.] / / Reports of the NASU. 2009. No. 1. P. 172-176.
- Stepanova O. A. Ecology of allochthonous and autochthonous viruses of the Black sea. Sevastopol: Mir “Express print”, 2004. P. 308.
- Stepanova O. A. Response of the viral component to environmental factors. [Saarbrücken]: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2017. P. 82.
- Stepanova O. A., Gaisky P. V. Development of automatic meters for studying the influence of physical parameters on the characteristics of algo-viruses and changes in environmental parameters under the influence of viruses and their hosts / / environmental control Systems-2017: TEZ. ISTC reports (Sevastopol, November 06-09, 2017). Sevastopol: INTS. 2017. P. 15.
- Stepanova O. A. Alovirus the black sea // Biologiya morya. 2016. Vol. 42, No. 2. P. 99-103.
- Declarative patent for the invention 65864A UA, MKU 7 C12 N 1/12. Method of isolation of algovirusiv odnokiltinnih algae, for example Platymonas viridis Rouch (Chlorophita) / Stepanova O. A. (RU); applicant Institute of biology of the southern seas named after A. A. Kovalevsky of the national Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (UA). no. 2003065499; application 13.06.2003; publ. 15.04.2004, bul. № 4 // Industrial property. 2004. № 4.
- Patent 97293 C2 RU, IPC C12N 1/12. Method of isolation of algovirusiv microalgae Phaeodactylum tricornutum (Bacillariophyta) from sea water samples / Stepanova O. A. (RU); applicant A. A. Kovalevsky Institute of biology of the southern seas of the national Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (UA). no. a201003881; application 06.04.2010; publ. 25.01.2012. Byul. 2012. no. 2.
- Stepanova O. A., Boyko A. L., Serbinenko I. S. Computer analysis of three genomes of marine Aliguliyev // Microbiology. journal 2013, Vol. 75, No. 5, P. 76-81.
- Borsheim K., Bratbak G., Heldal M. Enumeration and biomass estimation of planktonic bacteria and viruses by transmission electron microscopy // Appl. and Environ Microbiol. N 2. P. 352–356.