M.V. Volkodaeva1, O.A. Taranina1, Y.S. Kanchan2
1 Saint-Petersburg Mining University, Russian Federation, St Petersburg, Vasilevsky ostrov, 21st Line, 2
E–mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Olga.Taranina@gmail.com
2 Ltd company «Institute of Design, Ecology and Hygiene», St Petersburg, Medicov pr., 9
Errors during the inventory of pollutant emissions occur due to failure to fulfill the requirement that the concentration of pollutants and the volume flow rate should be reduced to normal conditions. The effect of water vapor content in the gas-air mixture on result of the calculation of emission efficiency is taken into account in very rare cases. The emission efficiency calculated without regard to humidity and temperature of the gas-air mixture can be significantly overestimated. Also correctly established geometric parameters of sources of pollutant emissions have incontestable effect, their incorrect values can lead to considerable mistakes during estimation of pollutant emissions. Incorrectly calculated parameters of pollutant emissions can lead to incorrect estimation of ground level concentrations and determination of maximum permissible emission standards, which in turn can lead to unjustified costs for plants to carry out atmosphere-protective activities.
Keywords: emission efficiency, humidity of gas-air mixture, geometric parameters of pollution sources.
LIST OF REFERENCES
- Federal law “on atmospheric air protection”: adopted by the State Duma on April 2, 1999: as of July 13, 2015 [Electronic resource]: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/901732276 (date of request: 28.03.2018).
- Methodology for determining emissions of pollutants into the atmosphere when fuel is burned in boilers with a capacity of less than 30 tons of steam per hour or less than 20 Gcal per hour. M., 1999. P. 75.
- Order of the Ministry of natural resources of the Russian Federation No. 273 dated 06.06.2017 “methods for calculating the dispersion of harmful (polluting) substances in the atmospheric air”. [Electronic resource]: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/456074826 (date of request: 28.03.2018).
- Thermal calculation of boilers (Standard method). 3rd ed., reprint. and add. SPb.: NPO TSKTI, 1998. P. 256.
- SO 153-34.02.304-2003. Methodological guidelines for calculating emissions of nitrogen oxides from flue gases from boilers of thermal power plants. Moscow, 2005. P. 42.
- On some aspects of monitoring the parameters of atmospheric pollution sources in environmental control / M. V. Volkodaeva, N. N. Zvyagina, Ya. s. Kanchan [et al.] / / proceedings Of the research Institute Atmosphere. Saint Petersburg: Atmosphere research Institute, 2008, P. 140-161.
- GOST 2939-63. Gases. Conditions for determining the volume. M., 1988. P 4.
- STO GAZPROM 2-3.5-039-2005. Catalog of specific emissions of harmful substances from gas-turbine gas-pumping units, Moscow: GAZPROM et al., 2005, P. 146.