Branch of Institute of Natural and Technical Systems, Russian Federation,Sochi, Kurortny Av., 99/18
The third and final part of work which we present is devoted the solution of the scientific problem of assessing the demand of Russian consumers in the field of green tourist services towards the determination of the prospects of the market mechanism of stimulating the ecologization of the tourism industry. During the study, the methodological apparatus and the tools of sociological research were developed to assess the demand of tourists in the field of nature-friendly tourist services, its testing in the form of a sociological survey. This part of the article presents the results of the analysis of the answers of the third, fourth and fifth target blocks of the questionnaire.
The main conclusions and answers to the question “Are there the ecological consciousness of tourists and the commitment to the ideas of green tourism in their practice?”
- Most respondents say they are ready to take certain specific actions to minimize the negative impact on nature during the rest.
- The already-existing conclusion about the readiness of people to protect nature in direct contact with it, and the lack of understanding of the significance of the indirect impact on the environment provided by the tourism industry is confirmed.
- More than half of the respondents prefer to limit the use of the “benefits of civilization”, which have a negative impact on the nature, hereby reducing the comfort of their rest, rather than paying more for services rendered with the use of technologies that minimize the negative impact on the environment.
- The reluctance of a large proportion of respondents to pay more for a green touristic product can be significantly reduced by verification of the procreator about the environmental friendliness of its technologies and business processes with the help of tools that inspire confidence in the population.
- Respondents identified and quantified readiness to pay more for tourism services if they have the least harm to the environment, which indicates a significant potential demand for green tourism services.
As a result of the attempt to find out how tourists assess the adequacy and the availability of the offer of tourist products from the green tourism industry, we made the following conclusions.
- Half of the surveyed tourists were not interested in the availability and the accessibility of green tourist services in the Russian tourist market. This fact shows, in particular, the lack of active offer of information.
- It is difficult for consumers to find information on green tourist services. The reason is, among other things, that the criterion of environmental friendliness of the production of tourist products is not considered a competitive advantage by travel companies.
- The lack of understanding of the harm caused by the tourism industry to nature leads to the fact that when we choose tourist services, one in five tourists does not look for green tourist products, as he does not consider this criterion important.
- Tourists noted the fragmentary market of tourist services in terms of the presence of green supply in different segments.
Keywords: green tourism; sociological survey; environmental consideration; environmental friendliness of
behavior; environmental awareness.
LIST OF REFERENCES
- Matova N. I. Methodological aspects of sociological research of degree, prospects and institutional reconditions of development of green tourism in Russia. Part I: The methodologies and tools. Some results of the survey // Monitoring systems of environment. Sevastopol: INTS. 2017. Issue 10 (30). P. 136-143.
- Matova N. I. Methodological aspects of sociological research of degree, prospects and institutional preconditions of development of green tourism in Russia. Part II: Environmental considerations realized by tourists. Factors of environmental friendliness of behaviour // Monitoring systems of environment. Sevastopol: INTS. 2018. Issue 11 (31). P. 125-132.