Institute of Natural and Technical Systems, Russian Federation, Sevastopol, Lenin St., 28
On the basis of international and domestic experience of using mollusks as biosensors, the results of own engineering developments and field tests of automated systems and measuring instruments for biomonitoring of sea and freshwaters are analyzed. Options of technical implementation of these systems for operating control of toxic pollution in the water intake systems, the coastal seawater area, points of environmental monitoring and on the farms of mariculture cultivation are proposed. The expediency of using the systems of biomonitoring from the point of view of operating requirements of the health regulations of the Russian Federation for the centralized water supply and public water sources is estimated. Domestic developments in the field of technical and methodical aspects of implementation of biomonitoring systems on the basis of mollusks have their history and can well compete with the western analogues. However, the lack of due financing and government programs on their implementation can lead over time to lag behind prototypes, with the Chinese ones including. Despite impossibility of certification of biosensors as the measuring instruments controlling the maximum permissible concentration level, application of bioelectronic systems as inexpensive universal indicators seems indisputable and is implemented in the developed countries where the struggle for ecology is carried out in all effective directions.
Keywords: bioelectronic complex, mollusk, mussel, environmental control, water resources, toxic pollution, biosensor, water supply, coastal water area.
LIST OF REFERENCES
- Goldberg E.D., Bowen V.T., Farrington J., Harvey G., Marin G.H., Parker P.L., Risebbrough R.W., Schneider E., Gamble E. The mussel watch. Environ. Conserv., 1978. P. 101–126.
- Depledge M.N., Amaral-Mendes J.J., Daniel B., Halbrook R.S., Cloepper-Sams P., Moore M.N., Peaccall D.P. The conceptual basis of the biomarker approach. //In: Biomarker – Research and application in the assessment of environmental health. 1983. P. 15–29.
- http://www.research.noaa.gov (accesed: 01.01.2019).
- Kostylev E. F., Krasota L. L., Makarov Yu. N. Assessment of the quality of the marine environment using biomarkers in mussels // III mezhdunar. Symposium ” Environmental problems of the Black sea”. Odessa, October 31 – November 2, 2001, P. 170–171.
- http://www.mosselmonitor.nl (accesed: 01.01.2019).
- De Zwart, D., K.J.M. Kramer & H.A. Jenner (1995), Practical experiences with the biological early warning system ‘Mosselmonitor’, Environ. Toxicol. Water Qual. 10: P. 237–247.
- Depledge M.H., Andersen В.В. A computer-aided physiological monitoring system for continuous, long-term recording of cardiac activity in selected invertebrates. – Сomp. Biochem. PhysioL. Vol. 96A. 1990. № 4. P. 473–477.
- Kholodkevich S. V. Bioelectronic monitoring of the level of toxicity of natural and waste water in real time // Ecological chemistry. 2007. № 4. P. 223–232.
- Kholodkevich S. V., Kuznetsova T. V., Trusevich V. V. Features of cardioactivity and leaf movement Mytilus galloprovincialis Lam. in normal and toxic conditions // SB. nauch. Tr., dedicated to the 95th anniversary of the Karadag biological station and the 30th anniversary of the Karadag nature reserve. Sevastopol: SPC ” EKOSI-Hydrophysics». 2009. P. 524–537.
- http://www.findpatent.ru/patent/245/2452949.html (accesed: 01.01.2019).
- Gayskiy, V. P., Klimenko A.V. Equipment of the measuring complex of automated biomonitoring of aquatic environment (CAMWS) // Monitoring systems of environment: SB. nauch. Trud., NAS of Ukraine, MHI: Sevastopol. 2008. P. 67–71.
- Trusevich V.V., Gaisky P.V., Kuzmin K.A. Automated biomonitoring of the aquatic environment using bivalve mollusk reactions // Marine hydrophysical journal. MGI NANU. Sevastopol. 2010. № 3. P. 75–83.
- Kholodkevich S. V., Ivanov A.V., Kornienko E. L., and others. Bioelectronic monitoring of surface waters // World of measurements. 2011. № 10.
- RU PATENT NO. 2595867C2 Method for detecting and selecting biosensor organisms for operational bioindication and biomonitoring of marine and fresh water, including drinking and waste water. Gudimov, A. V. Publ. 27.08.2016.
- P.V. Gaisky, A.V. Shlik Results of experimental operation of the experimental bioelectronic complex ” Biopost” // Monitoring systems of environment. Sevastopol: INTS. 2018. Rel. 4 (34). P. 6–16.
- UA PATENT No. 106661 Device for measuring the motor activity of mollusk flaps. Gaisky P. V. Publ. 25.09.2014. Byul. № 18.
- UA PATENT no. 27062 for the industrial design of the Submersible module of the automatic biomonitoring of aquatic environments (CABVS) “Biostrazh” (two variants). Gaisky P. V. Publ. 10.06.2014. Byul. № 11.
- Gaisky P. V. Laboratory automatic activity meters of bivalve mollusks // SB. nauch. Tr., NAS of Ukraine, MHI. Sevastopol. 2013. Rel. 19. P. 55–59.
- Gaisky P. V., Gaisky V. V. Mobile bioelectronic complexes // Monitoring systems of environment. Sevastopol: INTS. 2015. Rel. 1 (21). P. 19–23.
- Kholodkevich S.V., Ivanov A.V., Kurakin A.S., Kornienko E.L., Fedotov V.P. Real time biomonitoring of surface water toxicity level at water supply stations // Journal of Environmental Bioindicators, 2008. V. 3. № 1. P. 23–34.
- Gaisky P. V. Program algorithm for calculating the activity of bivalve mollusks on the example of perlovitsa UNIO CRASSUS // Monitoring systems of environment. Sevastopol: INTS. 2016. Rel. 6 (26). P. 52–58.