M.V. Volkodaeva1, V.A. Kuznetsov1, A.V. Kiselev2
1 Saint-Petersburg Mining University, Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Vasilevskyostrov, 21st Line, 2
2 North-western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov, Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Kirochnaya St., 41
The article describes the method of gas chromatography, which is planned to be implemented in the environmental monitoring system of St. Petersburg. Characteristics of pollution of free air were calculated. Data of monitoring do not allow estimating the content of foul-smelling substances in the air.
Often complaints of the population about unpleasant smell often arise even in case of no excess of threshold permissible concentrations of the pollutants established in normative documents. The description of the method of gas chromatography which is planned to be introduced in the system of environmental monitoring of St. Petersburg for determining concentration of organic matters is given ns. Concentration values of benzene, a toluene, ethyl benzene, isomers of xylol and phenol obtained during the experiment made in 2018 at parallel measurements of concentration of above-mentioned substances at the stationary station of monitoring and mobile laboratory located near an estimated source of emissions are presented. Offers on expansion of monitoring of organic matters with using the method of gas chromatography, introduction of the automated systems of the continuous measurement of the content of organic matters, development new and revision of the existing measurement methods, including correctness of the applied ways of averaging and also to perfecting remote control of devices are made.
Keywords: air monitoring, smell, chromatography, measurements, organic compounds, mobile laboratory.
LIST OF REFERENCES
- Resolution of the government of Saint Petersburg” on a specialized organization that performs state environmental monitoring on the territory of Saint Petersburg ” dated March 12, 2007 No. 246. SPb., 2007.
- Volkodaeva M. V., Ilyin Y. A. Maintenance of automated stations of ambient air monitoring in St. Petersburg // Technical science in the world: from theory to practice: collection of scientific papers on the results of the III international conference. scientific-practical Conf. (Rostov-on-don, August 11, 2016). 2016. Issue 3. P. 71-75.
- On the methodological aspects of odorometric studies in the monitoring system of atmospheric air pollution / A.V. Kiselev, E. N. Pankina, E. V. Zibarev [et al.] / / Actual problems of safety and analysis of the risk to public health under the influence of environmental factors: materials VII vseros. scientific-practical Conf. with internat. participation in 2 t. / under the editorship of A. Yu. Popova, N. In. Zaitseva. 2016. P. 104-107.
- On the problems of normalization and control of the content of odorous substances in the atmospheric air of populated places / M. V. Volkodaeva, A.V. Kiselev, A.V. Levkin [et al.] / / Ecology of production.Moscow, 2017. No. 4 (153). P. 50-53.
- RD 52.04.667-2005. On the state of atmospheric pollution in cities for informing state bodies, the public and the population. Moscow, 2006.
- GOST 17.2.3.01-86. Nature protection. Atmosphere. Rules for air quality control in localities. Moscow, FSUE “standardinform”, 2005, 7 p.
- Method of measurement of mass concentration of allyl alcohol, amyl alcohol, acetone, benzene, butyacetate, butyl alcohol, isobutyacetate, isoamyl alcohol, isobutyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, n-xylene, m-xylene, o-xylene, methylethylketone, ethylene oxide, propyl alcohol, toluene, cyclohexanone, epichlorohydrin, ethyl acetate on portable gas hromatografakh FGH and PGH. m.: OOO NPP “ekan”, 2013. 27 p.
- Research and production company “Ekan”. User manual. Gas photoionization chromatograph FGH models FGH 1-2 (AK), FGH 1-2 (KK). Moscow, 2016
- [Electronic resource]. URL http://www.ekan.ru/ (acessed: 30.07.2018).
- Order of the Committee for nature management, environmental protection and environmental safety “on the automated system for monitoring the atmospheric air of Saint Petersburg” dated November 18, 2008 No. 141-R., Saint Petersburg, 2008.
- Operating manual for the weather data Converter WXT520, 2013. 175 p.
- Resolution of the Chief state sanitary doctor of the Russian Federation of 22.12.2017 No. 165 “on approval of hygienic standards GN 184.108.40.20692-17″ Maximum permissible concentrations (MPC) of pollutants in the atmospheric air of urban and rural settlements”. M. 35 p.