The A.O.Kovalevsky Institute of Marine Biological Research of RAS, RF, Sevastopol, Nakhimov Av., 2
The purpose of the research was to identify interannual and spatial dynamics of structural characteristics of C. crinita cenopopulation in the coastal waters of Pobeda Park in the city of Sevastopol in the course of its development in two areas with different anthropogenic loads.
In the samples of seaweeds, epiphytic algae were removed from thalluses of C.crinita and then they were disassembled into age groups and weighed. The distribution of population density, biomass, and age structure along the vertical profile was calculated. The chemical load on the water area was estimated by nitrogen content in the apical branches of C. crinita aged five months with using CHN analyzer.
The study showed that recreational loads on the coastal water area of Victory Park kept increasing every year. In the area of the city beach, the population density and its biomass were lower than in cleaner area of the open coast. With depth increasing up to 4 m on the open coast, the density of cenopopulation of C. crinita naturally decreased 1.3–1.5 times, while in the water area of the city beach it increased 1.5–2.6 times. The most tangible changes in the population parameters of C. crinita were observed in 2004. Despite these changes, by 2015, the Cystoseira population had significantly recovered, approaching the state of 1985.
It was noted that even in conditions of the city beach, where the recreational load is significantly higher than in the open coastal water area, a normal type of population age structure typical for stable settlements was recorded, while the level of the studied characteristics was significantly lower than in cleaner places. This fact can be used for development of rapid assessment of the population state during environmental impact assessment.
Keywords: Cystoseira crinita, cenopopulation, density, biomass, age structure, recreational water area.
LIST OF REFERENCES
- Technogenic pollution and processes of natural self-purification of the pre-Caucasian zone of the Black Sea / CH. ed. I. F. Glumov, M. V. Kochetkov. M.: Nedra, 1996. P. 502.
- Patin S. A. Ecological problems of development of oil and gas resources of the sea shelf. Moscow: VNIRO publishing house, 1997. P. 350.
- Cloern J.E. Our evolving conceptual model of the coastal eutrophication problem // Marine Ecology Progress Series. 2001. Vol. 210. P. 223–253.
- Complex adaptation of cystosyra to gradient conditions (scientific and applied problems) / S. A. Kovardakov, A.V. Prazukin, Yu. K. Firsov [et al.]. Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1985. P. 215.
- Marine macrophytes in the gradient of household eutrophication / K. M. khaylov, A.V. Prazukin, S. E. Zavalko [et al.] / / Water resources. 1984. No. 5. P. 88-103.
- Study of the influence of urban wastewater on population and organizational parameters of the black sea brown algae Cystoseira crinita (Desf.) Bory / V. P. Parchevsky, A.V. Prazukin, A. E. Popov [et al.] / / Bulletin of the Moscow University. Series 16. Biology. 1985. No. 2. P. 32-38.
- Prazukin A.V. Structural and functional changes of the Black Sea cystosyra under conditions of eutrophication (hierarchical approach): author’s abstract. … Cand. Biol. Sciences. Sevastopol, 1991. P. 25.
- Prazukin A.V., Kovardakov S. A. The state of cystosyra coenopopulation on the Crimean coast sections with different anthropogenic Load // Environmental control systems. Tools and monitoring. Sevastopol: MGI. 2005. P. 283-287.
- Prazukin A.V. Compensatory changes at different levels of the coastal photosystem organization under conditions of chronic anthropogenic eutrophication (Black Sea) // proceedings of the X international. scientific-practical. ecologist. Conf. (Belgorod, September 15-18, 2008). Belgorod: CPI “POLYTERRA”, 2008.
- Brown V.B., Davies S.A., Synnot R.N. Long-term monitoring of the effects of treated sewage effluent on the intertidal macroalgal community near Cape Schank, Victoria, Australia // Botanica Marina. 1990. Vol. 33. P. 85–98.
- Malavenda S. B., Voskoboynikov G. M. Influence of abiotic factors on the population structure of Fucus vesiculosus Linnaeus (Phaeophyta) of the Eastern Murmansk (Barents Sea) // Marine Biology, Vol. 34, No. 1, P. 30-34.
- Kalugina-Gutnik A. A. Phytobenthos of the Black Sea. Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1975. P. 247.
- Milchakova N. A. Macrofitobenthos // Current state of biodiversity of coastal waters of the Crimea (black sea sector) / ed. V. N. Eremeev, A.V. Gaevskaya, NAS of Ukraine, Institute of biology of the southern seas. Sevastopol: EKOSI-Hydrophysics, 2003, P. 152-208.
- Sabourin M. Y. The plant Communities of the black sea Cystoseira: structure, restoration and prospects of use: author’s abstract. … Cand. Biol. nauk. M.: 2004. P. 24.
- Kovardakov S. A., Prazukin A.V., Firsov Yu. K. Comparison of long-term changes in the structural and functional States of coastal Black Sea phytocenoses with various anthropogenic loads // Environmental Control systems. Tools and monitoring. Sevastopol: MGI, 2009. P. 377-384.
- Lazarenko G. E., Prazukin A. B., Khaylov K. M. Influence of domestic wastewater on the distribution of a number of metals in the Black Sea brown Alga Cystoseira crinita (Desf.) Bory // Ecology. 1985. No. 2. P. 82-85.
- Teyubova V. F. Features of the accumulation of heavy metals in thalli of different ages of Cystoseira (the Novorossiysk Bay, Black Sea) // Marine ecological journal. 2011. Vol. 10, No. 3. P. 67-75.
- Afanasyev D. F., Korpakova I. G. Macrophytobenthos of the Russian Azov-Black Sea region. Rostov-na/D.: FSUE Azniirkh, 2008. P. 291.
- Maksimova O. V., Luchina N. P. The current state of macrophytobenthos near the coast of the North Caucasus: the reaction of phytali to the eutrophication of the Black Sea basin // complex studies of the North-Eastern part of the Black Sea. Moscow: Nauka, 2002. P. 297-308.
- Kovardakov S. A., Prazukin A.V., Shcherbatenko L. S. Production characteristics of Cystoseira crinita Duby in the marine area with emergency release of household waste Water // Current state of water bioresources and ecosystems of marine and fresh waters: problems and solutions: proceedings of the international conference. scientific conference dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the birth of G. V. Nikolsky (Rostov-on-don, September 20-23, 2010). Rostov-on-Don: FSUE “Azniirkh”, 2010. P. 176-179.
- Vilkova O. Y., Yurchenko, Y. I. Current status and causes of decline of the stock cistozira the Russian shores of the Black sea // Problems of biological Oceanography of the XXI century: TEZ. Dokl. International. scientific Conf., dedicated to the 135th anniversary of Inbyum (Sevastopol, Ukraine, September 19-21, 2006). Sevastopol: EKOSI-Hydrophysics, 2006. P. 52.
- Kalugina A. A. Research of the bottom vegetation of the Black sea with the use of light diving equipment // Marine underwater research, Moscow: Nauka, 1969, P. 105-113.
- Parchevsky V. P., Parchuk G. V. Analysis of morphological features of black sea cystosyrs in the ontogenetic Series in natural conditions // III all-Union. a meeting. on marine Algology – macrophytobenthos: TEZ. Dokl. (Sevastopol, 1979). Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1979. P. 96–98.
- Kovardakov S. A., Milchakova N. A., Ryabogina V. G. Dynamics of the interannual and spatial structure of the Cystoseira crinita coenopopulation in the coastal zone of the Dzhangul tract (Crimea, Black Sea) // Biodiversity and sustainable development: materials of Dokl. III Intern. scientific and practical Conf. (Simferopol, September 15-19, 2014). Simferopol, 2014. P. 153-155.
- Kanishcheva (Goncharova) O. V., Shoshina E. V. Age structure of Fucus vesiculosus settlements on the littoral of the Kola Bay // Bulletin of the Udmurt University, Vol. 25, Issue 1, P. 40-47.