1Marine Hydrophysical Institute of RAS, RF, Sevastopol, Kapitanskaya St., 2
2Institute of Natural and Technical Systems, RF, Sevastopol, Lenin St., 28
UDC 551 465
Based on the materials of complex oceanographic surveys and satellite images using the methods of pair and multiple correlation, the tightness of statistical relationships between satellite data and the concentration fields of dissolved organic matter in the Kerch Strait was estimated. It is shown that there is no close correlation between the fields of optical satellite data and the sub-satellite fields of the characteristics of dissolved organic matter concentration in the studied region. Concrete situations have been revealed, when the fields of the considered quantities are interconnected by weak correlation dependence. The closest relationship was found between the brightness of the third channel of the MODIS satellite scanner and the field of dissolved organics concentration on the surface of the investigated area. Calculated for this situation, the regression equation is recommended for practical use. The result obtained can be improved if empirical data are available on the basis of specially organized sub-satellite experiments. To do this, it is necessary to fulfill the conditions for synchronization of a set of satellite and contact satellite data, as well as the accuracy of resolution and information content of satellite images in the visible range, which is maximum with a cloudless sky and a transparent atmosphere.
Keywords: dissolved organic matter, satellite data, correlation, the Kerch Strait.
LIST OF REFERENCES:
- Spatial and temporal variability of absorption by dissolved material at a continental shelf / E. Boss, W.S. Pegau, J.R.V. Zaneveld [et al.] // J. Geophys. Res. 2001. 106, № C5. P. 9499–9507.
- Fluorescence properties of dissolved organic matter in coastal Mediterranean waters influenced by a municipal sewage waters influenced by a municipal sewage effluent (Bay of Marseilles, France). / M. Tedetti, R. Longhitano, N. Garcia [et al.] // Environ. Chem. 2012, 9. P. 438–449.
- Lomakin P. D., Chepyzhenko A. I., Chepyzhenko A. A. Field of dissolved organic matter in the sea of Azov and the Kerch Strait based on optical observations. // Marine hydrophysical journal, № 5, 2016, P. 76-88.
- http://ecodevice.com.ua/ecodevice-catalogue/multiturbidimeter-kondor (application date: 04.06.2019).
- https://math.semestr.ru/regress/corel. php. (application date: 04.06.2019).