V.Y. Zhuravsky, E.N. Voskresenskaya, V.V. Trusevich, A.S. Lubkov
Institute of Natural and Technical Systems, RF, Sevastopol, Lenin St., 28
UDC 504.064.36, 681.3.06, 504.746
Behavioral reactions of bivalve Black Sea mollusks are studied in the work using data of observations from aquatic environmental monitoring complex. This complex was located on the shelf of the Sevastopol region, from 20.04.2012 to 17.05.2012. The data obtained contain information on the disclosure level of 14 mussels (in millimeters).
Several groups of mollusks with typical distinctive features are identified by cluster analysis. Statistically significant (α <0.001) period of biological activity having 24-hour periodicity is determined by spectral analysis. In this connection the activity of mussels in the daytime and at night is analyzed in the work. It is revealed that in the daytime, mollusks are characterized by more frequent short adductions than at night. It is found, that the position of the open shells of mussels usually corresponds to 80–95% at night, while during the daytime it reaches 50–75%. It is shown, that during nights, the number of medium and long adductions increases by 30% compared to daytimes. The accord of long adductions to the night period of the diurnal cycle indicates the predominant intensive feeding of mollusks at night. In the daytime, mussels practically do not eat.
The result of this work can be used to create a statistical software package for identifying ecology alerts.
Keywords: bivalve mollusks, Black Sea mussels, biomonitoring, environmental monitoring.
To quote, follow the DOI link and use the Actions-Cite option or copy:
[IEEE] V. Y. Zhuravsky, E. N. Voskresenskaya, V. V. Trusevich, and A. S. Lubkov, “STATISTICAL DATA PROCESSING FOR AUTOMATION OF AQUATIC BIOMONITORING IN THE BLACK SEA REGION,” Monitoring systems of environment, vol. 4, pp. 66–71, Dec. 2019.
LIST OF REFERENCES
- Trusevich V.V., Gaisky P.V., Kuzmin K.A. Automatic biomonitoring of the aquatic environment using the reaction of bivalve mollusks // Marine hydrophysical journal. 2010. № 3. P. 75-83.
- Allen H.J., Waller T.W., Kennedy J. et al. Real-time whole organisms biomonitoring – deployment, status, and future // AWRA. Annual spring speciality conference proceedings. Middleburg. 2001. P. 187–192.
- Baldwin l.G., Kramer K.IM. Biological early warning systems (BEWS) // Biomonitoring of coastal waters and estuaries / ed. K.IM. Kramer. CRC Press: Boca Raton. 1994. P. 1–28.
- Gruber D., Frago e.H., Rasnake W.I. Automated biomonitors-first line of defence // Aquat. Ecosyst. Health. 1994. Vol. 3. P. 87–92.
- Kuznetsova T.V., Sladkova G.V., Kholodkevich S.V. Evaluation of the functional state of cancers of pontastacus leptodactylus in a normal and toxic environment based on the characteristics of their cardioactivity and biochemical parameters of the hemolymph // Journal of evolutionary biochemistry and physiology. 2010. No. 46 (3). P. 203-210.
- Kramer K.J.M., Foekema E.M. The “Musselmonitor@” as biological early warning system // Biomonitors and Biomarkers as Indicators of Environmental. Change: A Handbook. 2000. Vol. 2. P. 59–87.
- Comeaua L.A., Babarrob J.M.F., Longac A., Padinb X.A. Valve-gaping behavior of raft-cultivated mussels in the Rнa de Arousa, Spain // Aquaculture Reports. 2018. Vol. 9, February. P. 68–73.
- Gaisky P.V., Trusevich V.V., Zaburdaev V.I. Automatic bioelectronic complex designed for early detection of toxic contamination of fresh and marine waters // Marine hydrophysical journal. 2014. № 2. P. 44-53.
- Biomarkers of behavioral reactions of the black sea mussel for automated monitoring of the ecological state of the water environment / V. V. Trusevich, P. V. Gaisky, K. A. Kuzmin [et al.] // Monitoring systems of environment. 2015. No. 1 (21). P. 13-18.
- Trusevich V.V., Mishurov V.G., Kuzmin K.A. System for continuous automated real-time monitoring of water quality and warnings about the threats of environmental hazards on water-urban water supply // Environmental, industrial and energy security 2018: proceedings of Intern. science.- practice. Conf. (Sevastopol, September 24–27 2018). Sevastopol. 2018. P. 1177–1181.
- Orlov A.I. Non-numeric statistics. М.: М3-Press. 2004. 513 p.
- Weiping M., Guangchuang Y., Jiangshan L. Package ‘basicTrendline’ // R-project. URL: https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/basicTrendline/basicTrendline.pdf (date of issue: 05.09.2019).
- Martin M., Peter R., Anja S. Package ‘cluster’ // R-project. URL: https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/cluster/cluster.pdf (date of issue: 05.09.2019).
- Thomas W. Package ‘solartime’ // R-project. URL: https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/solartime/solartime.pdf (date of issue: 05.09.2019).