D.G. Fedorova, N.M. Nazarova
Orenburg State University, RF, Orenburg, Tereshkova St., 134v
E‑mail: DaryaOrlova24@rambler.ru, Nazarovaemail@example.com
Biological monitoring experiments, conducted over a long period of time show that plant organisms can be used as test objects (biotesting) and objects of bioindication (phytoindication), Negative impact of air pollutants during ontogenetic development of perennial plants leads to a disturbance of life processes, causing homeostasis disorder. In this article, morphometric parameters are studied, and the analysis of the ability to accumulate heavy metals (Cu, Zn, Fe, Cd, Pb) by leaf plates of two types of tree-shrub plants (Syringa vulgaris L. and Crataegus sanguinea Pall.) growing on the territories of four administrative districts of the city of Orenburg (Russia), depending on the ecotoxic state of the environment is made. A comparison between of the investigated samples and the control, grown in the Botanical garden of the Orenburg State University is made.
It has been found that the size of the leaf area of both species has the greatest variability depending on the sampling point; therefore, it can serve as a criterion with the highest sensitivity for a comparative assessment of the degree of anthropogenic load. Significant differences in the accumulation capacity of the heavy metals as well as the degree of the influence of the concentration of various chemical elements on the morphometric parameters of leaf blades depending on the taxonomic identity of a particular plant species are identified. Conclusions about the prospects of using the studied plant species for the purpose of biomonitoring are formulated.
Keywords: Crataegus sanguinea, Syringa vulgaris, biomonitoring, leaves, morphometric parameters, heavy metals, phytoindication.
To quote, follow the DOI link and use the Actions-Cite option or copy:
[IEEE] D. G. Fedorova and N. M. Nazarova, “PERSPECTIVES OF USING DECIDUOUS PERENNIAL TREES AND SHRUBS IN BIOMONITORING OF THE URBAN ENVIRONMENT (ORENBURG, RUSSIA),” Monitoring systems of environment, no. 4, pp. 114–122, Dec. 2019.
LIST OF REFERENCES
- Maatoug M. et al. Biomonitoring of air quality using leaves of tree and lichens in urban environments // Air Pollution-Monitoring, Modelling and Health. IntechOpen, 2012.
- Hu Y., Wang D., Wei L., Zhang X., Song B. Bioaccumulation of heavy metals in plant leaves from Yan׳ an city of the Loess Plateau, China // Ecotoxicology and environmental safety. 2014. Vol. 110. P.82–88.
- Barceló, Poschenrieder С. Plant water relations as affected by heavy metal stress: a review // Journal of Plant Nutrition. 1990. № 13. P. 1–37.
- Moreno E. et al. Biomonitoring of traffic air pollution in Rome using magnetic properties of tree leaves // Atmospheric Environment. 2003. Vol. 37 (21). P. 2967–2977.
- Ларионов М.В. Содержание тяжелых металлов в листьях городских древесных насаждений // Вестник Красноярского государственного аграрного университета. № 10. С. 71–75.
- Tomašević M., Rajšić S., Đorđević D., Tasić M., Krstić J., Novakovi V. Heavy metals accumulation in tree leaves from urban areas // Environmental Chemistry Letters. 2004. Vol. 2 (3). P. 151–154.
- Mitchell R., Maher B.A., Kinnersley R. Rates of particulate pollution deposition onto leaf surfaces: temporal and inter-species magnetic analyses // Environmental Pollution. 2010. Vol. 158 (5). 1472–1478.
- Serbula S.M. et al. Assessment of airborne heavy metal pollution using Pinus spp. and Tilia spp. // Aerosol Air Qual Res. 2013. Vol. 13 (2). P. 563–573.
- Petrova S., Yurukova L., Velcheva I. Possibilities of using deciduous tree species in trace element biomonitoring in an urban area (Plovdiv, Bulgaria) // Atmospheric Pollution Research, 2014. 5 (2). P. 196–202.
- Yang H.M., Zhang X.Y., Wang X. Effects of heavy metals on stomatal movements in broad bean leaves // Russian journal of plant physiology. 2004. № 51 (4). P. 464–468.
- Pena L.B., Zawoznik M.S., Tomaro M.L., Gallego S.M. Heavy metals effects on proteolytic system in sunflower leaves // Chemosphere. 2008. № 72 (5). P. 741–746.
- Hattab S., Dridi B., Chouba L., Kheder M.B., Bousetta H. Photosynthesis and growth responses of pea Pisum sativum L. under heavy metals stress // Journal of Environmental Sciences. 2009. Vol. 21 (11). P. 1552–1556.
- Clijsters H.V., Assche F. Inhibition of photosynthesis by heavy metals // Photosynthesis Research. 1985. Vol. 7 (1). P. 31–40.
- Ilyin V.B. Heavy metals in the soil – plant system . Monograph. Novosibirsk: Nauka. Siberian branch. P. 151.
- Titov A.F., Talanova V.V., Kazina N.M. Physiological bases of plant resistance to heavy metals. Petrozavodsk : Karelian University. center of RAS. P.77.
- Chernykh N. A., Chernykh I. N. On the quality of crop production at different levels of soil contamination with heavy metals. Agrochemistry. No. 5. P. 97-101.
- Eichenberger E. The Relationship between the necessity and toxicity of metals in aquatic ecosystems // Some questions of metal ion toxicity. M.: Mir. P. 62.
- Magnitsky K.P. Diagnostics of plant nutrition by their appearance // Agrochemical methods of soil research. P. 360-402.
- Titova V. I., Dabagov M. V., Tabakova E.V. Ecotoxicology of heavy metals. N. Novgorod: NGSKHA. 2001. P. 135.
- Chernykh N. A. Changes in the content of a number of chemical elements in plants under the action of different amounts of heavy metals in the soil // Agrochemistry. No. 3. P. 68-76.
- Tarasova T.F., Garitskaya M.Yu. Research of ecological loads on roadside territories of Orenburg // Bulletin of the Orenburg state University. 2004. No. P. 116-121.
- Eliseeva M.V., Ukenov B.S. Phytotoxicity of soils of the Botanical garden of the Orenburg state University // University complex as a regional center of education, science and culture. 2016. P. 1316-1320.
- Fedorova D.G. On the issue of environmental biomonitoring in Orenburg region // Environment and sustainable development of regions: environmental challenges of the XXI century : Collection of materials of the international journal . science.- prakt. Conf. ( January 31, 2019) / Rel. ed. Moscow: Center for scientific development “Big book”. P. 199-210.
- Chekmareva O.V. Assessment of the role of road transport in air pollution in the city of Orenburg // Bulletin of the Orenburg state University. 2001. No. 1. Pp. 75-77.
- Dorogan L.V., Filippov V.P. Ecological workshop. Voronezh: Voronezh publishing House. Regional Institute for advanced training and retraining of education workers. P. 39.
- Mamaev S.A. Forms of intraspecific variability of woody plants. Moscow: Nauka. 276 PP.
- Mastitsky S.E. Methodological guide to the use of the STATISTICA program in the processing of biological research data. Minsk: Republican unitary enterprise “Institute of fisheries”. 2009. P. 76.