G.V. Kucherik, Yu.A. Omelchuk. E.V. Zablotskaya
Federal State Educational Institution of Higher Education «Sevastopol State University», RF, Sevastopol, Universitetskaya St., 33
All modern methods of processing waste regeneration solutions are reduced to the neutralization of the formed liquid waste, which creates certain problems because of formation of secondary waste. A cardinal solution to the problem of preventing the dumping of mineralized regeneration solutions of ionite installation is their processing for the purpose of subsequent disposal.
The most optimal method for solving the problem of processing regeneration solutions can be their restoration using electrodialysis installations.
During the studies, a four-chamber electrolyzer was used, in which the anode cell and the cathode region are separated by MK-40 cationic membranes. The space between the cationic membranes is separated by an MA-41 anionic membrane. The design of the electrolyzer is such that in the cathode space alkali is formed and accumulated. At the cathode the main process is the formation of hydrogen and hydroxide anions while at the anode oxygen and protons are mainly formed.
Chamber II, in which the working solution was placed, is a desalination chamber, chamber III is the hydrochloric acid accumulation zone, chamber I is the cathode region where the alkali is accumulated, and chamber IV is the anode region.
In order to determine a possible limit level of alkali concentrations in the cathode region and acid in the anode region obtained by electrolysis, a series of electrolysis processes were carried out with an increase in the initial concentrations of alkali in the cathode region and acid in chamber III. When a solution of sodium chloride electrolyzes it was quite easy to obtain a concentration of acid and alkali at the level of 5-8%. With a further increase in concentrations, the degree of water purification from sodium chloride decreases with time, as does the current output of hydrochloric acid.
Key words: hydrochloric acid, wastewater, chlorides, alkali, electrodialysis, electrolyzer.
To quote, follow the DOI link and use the Actions-Cite option or copy:
[IEEE] G. V. Kucherik, Y. A. Omelchuk, and E. V. Zablotskaya, “Research of environmentally safe method of wastewater disposal by electrolyzes,” Monitoring systems of environment, no. 1, pp. 102–108, Mar. 2020.
LIST OF REFERENCES
- Dzhalilov M.F., Kuliev A.M., Safiev E.A. [et al.]. Low-waste technological scheme of an demineralization of water. Water chemistry and technology. 1992, Vol. 14, No 2. P. 140–147.
- Dorher Wolf G. Carix Teilentsalzung von Trinkwasser mit Ionenaustauschern. Getranke. Ind, 1989, V. 43, No 10. P. 26–28.
- Gomelya N.D., Kryisenko T.V., Omelchuk Yu.A. Methods and technologies of sewage treatment. Sevastopol, SNUNEI, 2010. 244 р.
- Komarova I.V., Galkina N.K., Anfilov B.G. [et al.]. Repeated use of regeneration solution as way of realization of waste-free ion-exchange technology of purification of sewage. Sorption and chromatographic processes. 2008, Vol. 8, No 1. P. 37–43.
- Feyziev G.K., Dzhalilov M.F., Kuliev A.M. [et al.]. Prospects of a reuse of the fulfilled regeneration solutions of the chemical desalinating installations with the cut-down expenses of reagents and sewage. Water chemistry and technology. 2007, Vol. 29, No 2. P. 195–203.
- Temirgalieva N.H., Shpiz L.L, Kirshina E.Yu. [et al.]. Reuse of the fulfilled regeneration solutions of water treatment installations. Ecological bulletin, 2013, No 3. P. 30–33.
- Mazitov L.A. (2013) Reuse of the fulfilled regeneration solutions of water treatment installations. RF Patent 2471556. RF: C02F1/42, B01J49/00.
- Feyziev G.K. Highly effective methods of softening and desalting of water. M.: Energoatomizdat. 1988. 192 р.
- Ahmadeev V.V., Volkov S.V., Kostyuchenko S.V. [et al.]. Application of the UV-method of radiation for disinfecting of sewage. Water and Ecology: problems and solutions. 2000, No 2. P. 35–36.
- Demicheva Yu.L. Sewage treatment of water treatment installations. Modern problems of ecology and safety: collection of materials of the 1st All-Russian scientific and technical Internet conference, 2005. P. 17–19.
- Zapolskiy A.K., MIshkova-Klimenko N.A., AstrelIn I.M. [et al.]. Physical and chemical bases of technology of sewage. Kiev. LIbra, 2000. 552 p.
- Proskurin V.M., Smironov N.V. Electrodialysis method of softening and decrease in alkalinity of water. Applied physics. 2008, No 4. Р. 41–43.
- Xu F., Innocent Ch., Pourcelly G. Electrodialysis with ion exchange membranes in organic media. Separation Purification Technol, 2005, № 43, Р. 17–24.
- Bedyuh G.A., Cherevkov V.V., Anischenko I.A. [et al.]. Release of sulfuric acid from a regenerat of the cationite filter by method of an elektrodializ. Theory and practice of sorption processes. 1972. No 7. Р. 90–93.
- Ivakina E.I., Zubets N.N., Lavrova Z.D. [et al.]. Processing of a regenerat of an anionit of EDE-10P in acid and alkali on skilled semi-industrial electrolysis installation. Theory and practice of sorption processes. 1976. No 11. Р. 92–95.
- Pisarska B., Dyilevski R. The analysis of conditions of receiving H2SO4 and NaOH from sodium sulfate solutions by an electrodialysis method. Journal of applied chemistry. 2005. Vol. 78. No 8, Р. 1311–1316.
69 total views, 2 views today