Yu.B. Gimpilevich, S.E. Zebek
Sevastopol State University, RF, Sevastopol, Universitetskaya St., 33
Microwave electronic systems are widely used in various fields of human activity: stationary, mobile and space radio communications, radar, radio navigation, television and others. These systems are technogenic objects that can have a harmful effect on the surrounding biosphere. Therefore, creating systems for continuous integrated monitoring of the state of microwave paths of such objects is an important scientific and technical task. Based on the quadrature measurement method proposed and studied by the authors of this article, measuring devices are developed and implemented, including those operating in the automatic monitoring mode. The metrological capabilities of such devices are limited by the magnitude of the error caused by the imperfection of the quadrature demodulator. In the work, a mathematical model of the measuring procedure is developed using an imperfect quadrature demodulator, which made it possible to accurately model the methodological error in measuring the module and the argument of the complex reflection coefficient caused by imbalances in the amplitudes and phases of a real quadrature demodulator.
Numerical estimates of these errors, based on which it is concluded that the amplitude analysis provides a smaller methodological error in measuring both the modulus and the argument of the complex reflection coefficient than in phase analysis are obtained.
Keywords: microwave path, quadrature demodulator, amplitude imbalance, phase imbalance, complex reflection coefficient, methodical error.
To quote, follow the DOI link and use the Actions-Cite option or copy:
[IEEE] Y. B. Gimpilevich and S. E. Zebek, “Modeling errors of the quadrature meter of the pa-rameters of microwave pathes of radio-electronic systems,” Monitoring systems of environment, no. 1, pp. 117–124, Mar. 2020.
LIST OF REFERENCES
- Bondarenko I.K., Dejnega G.A., Magrachev Z.V. Automation of microwave parameters measurement. М.: Sov. Radio. 1969. 304 p.
- Analysis of modern automatic microwave measurement methods / A.Ju. Nikolaenko, A.A. L’vov, P.A. L’vov [and other.] // Reliability and quality: proceedings of the international. symposium. Penza 2017. Vol. 2. P. 132–136.
- Danilin A.A. Microwave Measurement. М.: Radiotehnika, 2008. 182 p.
- Dvorashkin B.V. Fundamentals of Metrology and Radio Measurement. М.: Radio and communication, 1993. 320 p.
- Kac B.M., Meshhanov V.P., Shikova L.V. Synthesis of multi-probe measuring lines // Microwave engineering and telecommunication technologies: materials of 13 Intern. conf. Sevastopol, September 8-12, 2003, p. 666–667.
- Gimpilevich Yu.B., Zebek S. E. Quadrature measurement method for complex parameters of microwave two-poles // Journal of the Russian Universities. Radioelectronics 2019. № 1. P. 29–38.
- Gimpilevich Yu.B., Zebek S. E., Taran S.N. Estimation of the systematic error quadrature method of measuring amplitude and phase distributions of the field in the microwave path // Modern problems of radio electronics and telecommunications: materials 12 Intern. young scientific and technical conf. Sevastopol, November 14-18 2016, P. 116.
- Richard G. Lyons. Understanding Digital Signal Processing: Second edition / trans. from English М.: LLC «Binom-Press », 2006. 656 p.
- Demodulator ADL5382 [Electronic resource]. Access mode: http://www.analog.com/media/en/technicaldocumentation/data-sheets/ADL5382.pdf (date of application: 28.02.2020).
- Demodulator U2794B [Electronic resource]. Access mode: https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/89902/TEMIC/U2794B.html (date of application: 28.02.2020).
77 total views, 2 views today