P.D. Lomakin2,1, A.I. Chepyzhenko2, Е.А. Grebneva1
1Institute of Natural and Technical Systems, RF, Sevastopol, Lenin St., 28
2Marine Hydrophysical Institute of RAS, RF, Sevastopol, Kapitanskaya St., 2
UDC 504+551. 465
Based on the materials of the expedition conducted in November 2019, the thermohaline structure and total suspended matter (TSM) content, dissolved organic matter (DOM), concentration of dissolved petroleum (DP) and pH in the water of the Kamyshovaya bay are analyzed. Topographic cyclonic formations were found in this region, in the inner region of which there were TSM, DOM, and dissolved petroleum (DP). It is shown that the thermohaline structure in the Kamyshovaya bay was determined by convective mixing processes, which manifested themselves in different ways both in the kut stratified and the homogeneous sea part of its water area. In the kut part of the bay, a stable vertical stratification of water was observed, which prevented the propagation of convective currents into the deeper layer. As a result, a well pronounced temperature inversion with an increment of 0.2–0.3 ° С was formed in the water column in the kut part. In the sea part of the Kamyshovaya bay, the water column was homogeneous along the vertical. The vertical stratification of the TSM and DOM content fields in the sea part of the bay resulting from convective mixing was weakly expressed. Dissolved oil products were found throughout the water area. In the kut part, where convection is weakened by the stratification of the halin field, the fields of these elements, especially DOM, were stratified. In the upper freshened layer, the maximum concentration of SIR and DOM was observed. The hydrogen pH on the surface of the Kamyshovaya bay corresponded to the interval of its values typical for the upper layer of the Black Sea waters. It seems likely that in the central part near the western shore of the Kamyshovaya bay there is a natural source of fresh water.
Keywords: temperature, salinity, total suspended matter, dissolved organic matter, petroleum products, pH, Kamyshovaya bay, Crimea.
LIST OF REFERENCES
- Sovga E.E., Kondrat’ev S.I., Godin E.A., Slepchuk K.A. Seasonal dynamics of the nutrients’ content and local sources in the Heracleian Peninsular coastal waters // Physical Oceanography iss. 1, 2017, P.53-61. DOI: 10.22449 / 1573-160X-2017-1-53-61
- Stokozov N.A. Morphometric characteristics of the Sevastopol and Balaklava bays. Ekologicheskaya bezopasnost’ pribrezhnoy i shel’fovoy zon i kompleksnoe ispol’zovanie resursov shel’fa. [Environmental safetie’s of coastal and shelf zones and comprehensive study of shelf’s resources], EKOSI-Gidrofizika, 2010, I 23, P. 198-208. (in Russian)
- Ivanov V.A., Repetin L.N., Ovsyanyy E.I., Romanov A.S., Ignat’eva O.G. Gidrologo-gidrokhimicheskiy rezhim Sevastopol’skoy bukhty i ego izmeneniya pod vozdeystviem klimaticheskikh i antropogennykh faktorov [Hydrological and hydrochemical regime’s Sevastopol Bay and its changes under the influence of climatic and anthropogenic factors]. Sevastopol, Preprint Publ., 2006. 90 p.
- Pavlova E.V., Ovsyanyy E.I., Gordina A.D., Romanov A.S. The current state and change trends of the ecosystem’s Sevastopol Bay. Akvavita [Aquavita], 1999, P. 70-84. (in Russian)
- Mikhaylova E.N., Shapiro N.B. Yushchenko S.A. Modeling the distribution of passive suspended matter in Sevastopol bays. Morskoy gidrofizicheskiy zhurnal [Marine Hydrophysical Journal], 1999, no.3, P. 29-42. (in Russian)
- Shalovenkov N.N., Ryabtsev Yu.N. The influence of coastal currents on the spatial distribution of mass species of zoobenthos. Ekologicheskaya bezopasnost’ pribrezhnoy i shel’fovoy zon i kompleksnoe ispol’zovanie resursov shel’fa [Environmental safetie’s of coastal and shelf zones and comprehensive study of shelf’s resources], 2003, I. 9, P. 168-177. (in Russian)
- Complex hydrobiophysical multiparameter submersible autonomous «KONDOR». Available at: http://ecodevice.com.ru/ecodevice-catalogue/multiturbidimeter-kondor (application date: 26 december 2019г).
- Holdway, D., Radlinski, A., Exon, N., Auzende, J-M. & Van de Beuque, S., 2000. Continuous multi-spectral fluorescence and absorption for petroleum hydrocarbon detection in near-surface ocean waters: ZoNeC05 Survey, Fairway Basin area, Lord Howe Rise. CANBERRA. Australian Geological Survey Organization, Record 2000/35. ISSN: 1039-0073 ISBN: 0 642 39852 6.
- Ryabinin A.I., Shibaeva S.A. Instrumental’nye metody analiza v ekologii [Instrumental methods of analysis in ecology]. Sevastopol, SIYaEiP Publ., 2002. 168 p.
- Available at:https://krymania.ru/kamyshovaya-buhta-v-sevastopole/ (application date: 6 February 2019).
- Available at:http://old.wetterzentrale.de/topkarten/fsreaeur.html (application date: 6 February 2019).
- Available at:https://pogoda.tourister.ru/russia/sevastopol/august (application date: 6 February 2019).
- Bulgakov N.P. Konvektsiya v okeane [Ocean convection]. Мoskow, Nauka Publ., 1975. 272 p.
- Lomakin P.D., Chepyzhenko A.I., Grebneva Fields of hydrophysical and hydrochemical elements in Yuzhnaya and Korabelnaya bays (Crimea) in December 2018. Sistema kontrolya okruzhayushchey sredy [Environmental control system], 2019, I. 3, P. 44 – 50. (in Russian) DOI: 10.33075/2220-5861-2019-3-44-50.
- Khaylov K.M. Ekologicheskiy metabolizm v more [Environmental metabolism at sea]. Kiev, Naukova Dumka Publ., 1971. 250 p.
- Konovalov S.K., Ryabinin A.I. Hydrogen index (pH) of the Black Sea. Meteorologiya i gidrologiya [Meteorology and hydrology], 1987, no.10, P. 75-81 (in Russian).