N.O. Znobishcheva, T.Kh. Galiev, R.R. Khatmullina, I.V. Ovsyannikova, A.A. Islamutdinova
«Ufa State Petroleum Technological University» branch in Sterlitamak, RF, Sterlitamak, October Av., 2.
The work focuses on a toxicological assessment of the surface water of the Ashkadar river using the biotesting method with the seeds of Lepidium sativum “Zabava” variety as a test object. The experiment was carried out according to the Methodology for determining the toxicity of drinking, ground, surface and wastewater,and chemical solutions by measuring germination rate, average length and average weight of dry seedlings of Lepidium sativum seeds PND F T 14.1: 2: 4.19-2013.
Water sampling from the Ashkadar river was made in February, April and October of 2018. The experiment was carried out in laboratory conditions. 30 seeds of Lepidium sativum were laid out on filter paper into Petri dishes. Then a number of dilutions (1: 2, 1: 4, 1: 8 and 1:16) were prepared from the analyzed samples. Distilled water was used for dilution and as a control one. There were 3 samples of each dilution and control water. 5 ml of undiluted water and a sample with dilutions of 1: 2, 1: 4, 1: 8 and 1:16 were added into each Petri dish with seeds. Seed germination (%), the average length of the seedlings (mm) and the average weight of dry seedlings (mg) were measured on the seventh day after the start of the experiment. Statistical data processing was performed using the Statistica_5.0 program.
The results of this work allowed concluding that the average seedling length is the most sensitive parameter. The negative impact of anthropogenic activity on the Ashkadar river has also been identified. The obtained results can be used to model the dynamics of the ecological situation in the studied water bodies. Such information will be the forecast component of the environmental monitoring system of water bodies.
Keywords: biotest, Lepidium sativum, toxicity, average length, seed germination, dry seedling weight, correlation coefficient.
LIST OF REFERENCES
- Ovsyannikova I.V. New methods of biotesting using watercress (Lepidium sativum) plants for environmental environmental monitoring // Environmental Monitoring Systems – 2016 Abstracts of the International Scientific and Technical Conference. 2016. P. 108.
- Daminev R.R., Asfandiyarova L.R., Panchenko A.A., Yunusova G.V., Ovsyannikova I.V. Ecotoxicological analysis of the water body: a case study // Bulletin of Tver State University. Series: Biology and Ecology. 2017. No. 3. P. 141–147.
- Seifert D.V., Abdrashitov Y.M., Ovsyannikova I.V. Ecological monitoring of surface waters using biotesting // Ecological Bulletin of Russia. 2014. No. 5. P. 34–40.
- R. R. Ascarov, D. V. Seifert, I.V. Ovsyannikova, Seasonal dynamics of surface water eutrophication in midstream of the Belaya river near the Sterlitamak town, Bashkir chemical journal. Vol. 21.1 (2014). P. 92–96.
- Asadullina G.R., Shkundina F.B. The use of phytoplankton for assessing the ecological state of rivers in the territory of Sterlitamak // Geology, minerals and geoecology problems of Bashkortostan, the Urals and adjacent territories. 2010. No. 8. P. 261–263.
- PND F T 14.1: 2: 4.19-2013 Methods for determining the toxicity of drinking, groundwater, surface and wastewater, chemical solutions by measuring the germination rate, average length and average dry weight of seedlings of watercress (Lepidium sativum).
- Urbakh V.Yu. Biometric methods (statistical processing of experimental data in biology, agriculture and medicine). M .: Nauka, 1964. 415 p.