A.N. Grekov, N.A. Grekov, E.N. Sychov, V.J. Mishurov, V.A. Rjazanov, K.A. Kuzmin
Institute of Natural and Technical Systems, RF, Sevastopol, Lenin St., 28
In order to create new devices for measuring various acoustic characteristics of an aqueous medium (speed of sound, scattering and absorption coefficients), a design of a laboratory multifunctional setup has been proposed to study the effect of microinhomogeneities in water on its acoustic properties. It should be noted that the created laboratory complex is very promising for solving problems such as studying the structure of microinhomogeneities. The article provides a brief analysis of methods for measuring the scattering of ultrasound in a liquid, and also notes the results of recent studies of small-scale irregularities in the ocean and provides links to them. At the research stage, all measurements were carried out on the clouds of microbubbles , located and moving in the liquid. The technique developed by the authors allows to determine, for the mid-frequency range, the design features of primary acoustic transducers with two reflectors, one of which is acoustically semitransparent, and to make correction of the dimensions of highly stable rods made from sital or from the carbon composite, depending on obtaining the necessary spatial and temporal characteristics of the investigated acoustic field. Equations for determining the time windows are given, their values are calculated, and graphs are constructed by which it is possible to determine the volumetric section of sound scattering, without the influence of multiple reflections on the measurement results. After research at the laboratory setup, recommendations were formulated for improving the primary acoustic transducer, the ISZ-1 device, designed to measure the scattering and absorption of ultrasound in situ.
Keywords: multifunctional acoustic stand, ultrasonic scattering, acoustic transducer, time windows, volumetric section, measurement algorithm, acoustic methods, micro-inhomogeneity.
LIST OF REFERENCES
- Akulichev V.A., Bulanov V.A. Sound propagation and scattering in the sea in the presence of underwater gas torches // Proc. of the 9th Western Pacific Acoustic Conference WESPAC IX: Better Life through Acoustics. Seoul: Acoustical Society of Korea, 2006.
- Leifer I., Judd A.G. Oceanic methane layers: the hydrocarbon seep bubble deposition hypothesis // Terra Nova. 2002. Vol. 14. P. 417–424.
- Akulichev V.A. Ultrasonic waves in liquids with vapor bubbles // Acoustic journal. 1975. T. 21, No. 3. P. 351–359.
- Leifer I., Patro R.K. The bubble mechanism for methane transport from the shallow sea bed to surface: A review and sensitivity study // Continental shelf research. 2002. V. 22. P. 2409–2428.
- Lei Han, YeLi Yuan. Bubble size distribution in surface wave breaking entraining process // Science in China Series D: Earth Sciences. 2007. Vol. 50, No. 11. P. 1754–1760.
- Czerski H., Deane G.B. The effect of coupling on bubble fragmentation acoustics // J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 2011. Vol. 129, No. 1. P. 74.
- Akulichev V.A., Bulanov V.A. Influence of microheterogeneities on the acoustic characteristics of the marine environment // Oceanological research of the Far Eastern seas and the north-western part of the Pacific Ocean: in 2 books. Book 2 / ch. ed. acad. V.A. Akulichev. Vladivostok: Dalnauka, 2013. P. 305–327.
- Farmer D., Vagle S. Wave Induced Bubble Clouds in the Upper Ocean // Journ. Geophys. Res. 2010. Vol. 115. P. C12054. DOI:10.1029/2009JC005990
- Orlowsky A. Hydroacoustic Characteristics of Scattering Layers in the Northeastern Atlantic Ocean // J. Acoust. Soc Am. 1990. Vol. 88 (1). P. 298–309.
- Thorpe S.A. On the clouds of bubbles formed by breaking wind wave in deep
water and the ir role in air-sea gas transfer // Phil. Trans. Royal Soc. 1981. Vol. 304, No A1483. P. 155–210.
- Akulichev V.A., Bulanov V.A. Measurements of bubbles in sea water by nonstationary sound scattering // J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 2011. Vol. 130, No. 5. Pt. 2. P. 3438–3449.
- Kuznetsov V.P. Nonlinear acoustics in oceanology. Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2010. 264 p.
- Sehgal C.M. Non-linear ultrasonics to determine molecular properties of pure liquids // Ultrasonics. 1995. Vol. 33, No. 2. P. 155–161.
- Potekhin Yu.G., Chistyakov E.S. Acoustic method of express-analysis of free gas concentration in liquids // Acoustic journal. 1978. T. XXIV. Issue 2. P. 243–248.
- Potapenko A.E., Potekhin Yu.G., Chistyakov E.S. A device for determining the concentration of free gas in a liquid. Author. certif. No. 530243. 1976. Bul. invent. No. 36.
- Potekhin Yu.G., Chistyakov E.S. A device for determining the concentration of free gas in a liquid. Author. certif. No. 575559. 1977. Bul. invent. No. 37.
- Bulanov V.A., Korskov I.V., Popov P.N. Device for studying the structure of seawater: patent RU 153282 U1. Publ. 2015.07.10.
- Akulichev V.A., Bulanov V.A. The transient acoustic backscattering from different microinhomogeneities in sea water // Proc. of the Second European Conference on Underwater acoustics / Ed. L. Bjorno. Brussels: ECSC-EC-EAEC, 1994. Vol. I. P. 431–436.
- Akulichev V.A., Bulanov V.A. Measurements of bubbles in sea water by nonstationary sound scattering // J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 2011. Vol. 130, No 5. Pt. 2. P. 3438–3449.
- Landau L.D., Lifshits E.M. Hydrodynamics. Moscow: Nauka, 1986.736 p.
- Grekov A.N., Grekov N.A., Sychov E.N., Kuzmin K.A. Development of acoustic measuring instruments for the study of the aquatic environment in situ // Monitoring systems of environment. 2019. Issue. 2 (36). P. 22–29. DOI: 10.33075/2220-5861-2019-2-22-29
- Grekov A.N., Grekov N.A., Sychov E.N. Metrological support of acoustic measuring instruments in the mid-frequency range // Monitoring systems of environment. 2020. Issue. 2 (40). P. 117–126. DOI: 10.33075/2220-5861-2020-2-117-126