I.V. Ovsyannikova, V.V. Pryanichnikova, R.R. Kadyrov, I.A. Kichigin, I.R. Shugaepov, B.A. Yapparov
Ufa State Petroleum Technological University, Branch of the University in the City of Sterlitamak, RF, Republic of Bashkortostan, Sterlitamak, Octyabrya Av., 2
The paper presents the results of a study of the toxicity of gray forest soil contaminated with oil using the method of FR.1.39.2016.24117. Seeds of watercress plants of the Zabava variety were used as a test object. Toxicity was assessed according to five parameters: seed germination, average length of the underground and aboveground parts, total length of seedlings and their average weight. Statistical data processing was carried out using the program Statistica_5.0. The results obtained show that the concentration of oil 100 mg/kg in the soil results in impairing seed germination by 31% compared to the control soil. There is also a negative impact of oil on underground and aboveground seedling length. This tells about significant inhibition of plant growth in comparison with the control samples. The average weight of dry seedlings changes not much and is on average 1.2 g. A positive significant correlation was revealed in all studied cases except for the average weight of dry seedlings. Due to this, the “mean dry weight” parameter is not recommended for use in determining toxicity.
Based on the results of this work, it is concluded that the most sensitive parameters are seed germination, the average length of the underground and aboveground part, the total length of the seedlings. The negative effect of the oil content in the analyzed soil is revealed. The results show the possibility of using phytotesting methods to analyze the level of soil purification.
Keywords: biotesting, watercress, soil, toxicity, average length, seed germination, dry weight, correlation coefficient.
- Ovsyannikova I.V. Novye metodiki bio-testirovaniya s ispol’zovaniem rastenij kress- salata (Lepidium sativum) dlya ekologicheskogo kontrolya okruzhayushchej sredy (New Bioassay Techniques Using Watercress Plants (Lepidium sativum) for Ecological Environmental Control. Mezhdunarodnaya nauchno-tekhnichskaya konferenciya “Sistemy kontrolya okruzhayushchej sredy–2016” (International Scientific and Technical Conference), Sevastopol, 24–27 October 2016, Book of Abstracts, P. 108.
- Ovsyannikova I.V. and Hajrullin R.M. Novyj metod opredeleniya toksichnosti pochv, zagryaznyonnyh neft’yu i nefteproduktami (A new method for determining the toxicity of soils contaminated with oil and petroleum products). Energy and resource efficient environmentally friendly technologies and equipment. International Kosygin Forum-2019 “Modern tasks of engineering sciences”, Proc. Conf., Moscow, 29 October–01 November 2019, pp. 257–259.
- Shulaev N.S., Pryanichnikova V.V., Kadyrov R.R., Ovsyannikova I.V., Bykovskij N.A., and Damineva R.M. Elektrohimicheskaya ochistka gruntov s razlichnoj koncentraciej neftyanyh zagryaznenij pri ispol’zovanii edinogo istochnika elektricheskogo napryazheniya (Electrochemical cleaning of soils with different concentrations of oil pollution using a single source of electrical voltage. Nauka i tekhnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov, 2020, Vol. 10, No. 6, pp. 674–680.
- Metodika opredeleniya toksichnosti pochv po vskhozhesti semyan i izmereniyu srednej dliny prorostka kress-salata (Lepidium sativum) FR.1.39.2016.24117.
- Znobishcheva N.O., Galiev T.H., Hatmullina R.R., I.V. Ovsyannikova, and Islamutdinova A.A. Izuchenie toksikologicheskogo sostoyaniya poverhnostnyh vod reki Ashkadar s ispol’zovaniem metodov biotestirovaniya (Study of the toxylogical status of surface waters of the Ashkadar river using biotesting methods. Sistemy kontrolya okruzhayushchej sredy, 2020, No. 2 (40), pp. 97–101.
- Urbah V.Yu. Biometricheskie metody (statisticheskaya obrabotka opytnyh dannyh v biologii, sel’skom hozyajstve i medicine) (Biometric methods (statistical processing of experimental data in biology, agriculture and medicine). Moscow: Nauka, 1964, 415 p.