Institute of Natural and Technical Systems, RF, Sevastopol, Lenin St., 28
UDC 551.3:502.057 (477.75+551.4.038)
Analysis of works on the study of exogenous geological processes (EGP) on the shores of Sevastopol published in the 20th century showed the spatial and temporal unevenness of carried out research and a limited number of thematic works. The reasons for this are the significant length of the coastline, the stages of economic development of the coastal territories of the region and their different accessibility, as well as a long period of restrictions on its attendance.
It is shown that for two decades of the 21st century there was a sharp increase in the number of regional works on the coastal exogenous processes, among which three main groups of studies were distinguished: 1) with a general or brief description of exogenous processes in the region; 2) with a description of the EGP for the Crimean Peninsula and little attention to the Sevastopol shores; 3) with the main emphasis on the coastal exogenous processes of Sevastopol between Cape Lukull and the village of Lyubimovka.
It was found that until 2006-2008 regular field observations of the coastal exogenous processes of Sevastopol were carried out by the Yalta branch of the Crimean Complex Hydrogeological Party of the Republic of Crimea and were concentrated mainly on its northern side.
The network of state monitoring of hasardrous EGP, which currently exists on the territory of Sevastopol, consisting of 10 observation points, is considered. It is indicated that the subject monitoring network is under construction and will include about 100 observation points.
It is noted that the creation of its own monitoring network is a serious step towards ensuring regional security, which will allow regular monitoring of EGP throughout the region in order to prevent their development according to dangerous or catastrophic scenarios.
Keywords: hazardous exogenous geological processes, seashores, Crimean landslide station, observation network, state and subject monitoring.
- Levakovskiy I.F. O sovremennykh geologicheskikh yavleniyakh v yuzhnoy Rossii, proizvedennykh deystviyem vody (On modern geological phenomena in southern Russia, produced by the action of water). Zhurnal Min-va Nar. prosveshcheniya, 1867, Part 133.
- Borisyak A.A. Geologicheskiye issledovaniya v yugo-zapadnoy chasti Krymskogo poluostrova (Geological research in the southwestern part of the Crimean Peninsula). Izv. Geol. Komiteta, 1904, Vol. 23, No. 1. pp. 18–21.
- Karakash N.I. Opolzni Yuzhnogo berega Kryma (Landslides on the Southern Coast of Crimea). Tr. Spb o-va yestestvoisp., 1912, Vol. 43, Issue 1, No. 4.
- Mushketov D.I. Opolzni poberezh’ya Chernogo morya (Landslides of the Black Sea coast). Gornyy zhurnal,1925, No. 1.
- Dobrynin B.F. Laspi. Geograficheskiy ocherk (Laspi. Geographical sketch). Krym. 1927, Issue 1(3). pp. 3–25.
- Pirogov K.P. Gidrogeologicheskiye issledovaniya na Yuzhnom beregu Kryma v rayone Laspi (Hydrogeological research on the southern coast of Crimea in the Laspi area). Izvestiya Vsesoyuznogo geologo-razvedochnogo ob”yedineniya NKTP SSSR, 1932, Vol. 51, Issue 18, pp. 1–23.
- Zenkovich V.P. Berega Chernogo i Azovskogo morey (Coast of the Black and Azov Seas), Moscow: Geografizdat, 1958, 374 p.
- Zenkovich V.P. Morfologija i dinamika Sovetskih beregov Chernogo morja (Morphology and dynamics of the Soviet coasts of the Black Sea), in 2 Vol., Moscow: AN SSSR, 1958, 1960.
- Romanjuk O.S. Pljazhi Kryma, ih genezis i perspektivy prakticheskogo ispol’zovanija: Diss. kand. geogr. nauk (Beaches of the Crimea, their genesis and prospects of practical use. Cand. geogr. sci. thesis), Simferopol’, 1968.
- Makhaeva T.V. K geomorfologii i dinamike beregov Zapadnogo Kryma (To geomorphology and dynamics of the coast of the Western Crimea) / Geology of the coast and bottom of the Black and Azov Seas within the USSR), 1968, Issue 2, Kiev: KGU, pp. 160–165.
- Shujskij Yu.D. Protsessy i skorosti abrazii na ukrainskikh beregakh Chernogo i Azovskogo morey (Processes and speeds of abrasion on the Ukrainian coast of the Black and Azov seas). Izvestiya AN SSSR. Seriya geografiya, 1974, No. 6, pp. 108–117.
- Shujskij Yu.D. Pitanie oblomochnym materialom severo-zapadnogo i krymskogo rayonov shel’fa Chernogo morya (Food detrital material of northwest and Crimean districts of the shelf of the Black Sea / Research of dynamics of a relief of sea coasts): Sb. statej, Moscow, Nauka, 1979, pp. 89–97.
- Prognoz jekzogennyh geologicheskih processov na chernomorskom poberezh’e SSSR (The forecast of exogenous geological processes on the Black Sea coast of the USSR), Moscow: Nedra, 1979, 239 p.
- Zolotarev G.S., Erysh I.F. Problemy inzhenernoj geologii i zashhity Chernomorskogo poberezh’ja i Gornogo Kryma (Problems of engineering geology and protection of the Black Sea coast and Mountain Crimea). Inzhenernaja geologiya, 1985, No. 2, pp. 61–71.
- Shujskij Yu.D. Tipi beregіv Svіtovogo okeanu (Types of coast of the World Ocean), Odesa: Astroprint, 2000, 480 p.
- Erysh I.F., Salomatin V.N. Opolzni Kryma (Landslides of the Crimea), Part 1, Istoriya otechestvennogo opolznevedeniya, Simferopol’: Apostrof, 1999, 248 p.