Yu.M. Popovnin, D.M. Puzanov, V.F. Grishko
The Black Sea Higher Naval School named after P.S. Nakhimov, RF, Sevastopol, Dybenko St., 1а
The work of a meteorological radar to detect hydrometeors in the atmosphere can occur in a rather complex interference environment due to the influence of interference vibrations both along the main and along the side lobes of the antenna pattern. This circumstance causes a significant efficiency drop of both space-time and polarization-time adaptive algorithms. One of the promising ways to suppress noise interference with an arbitrary structure of the spatial power spectrum is the integration of adaptive methods of spatially and polarizationally spaced reception.
In this paper, based on sufficient statistics, an adaptive combined spatial-polarization system for detecting hydrometeorological formations in the atmosphere is synthesized. Analytical expressions for stationary values of the weight vectors of the spatial processing system are obtained, and the steady-state value of the complex weight coefficient of the polarization processing system is determined, which is necessary for calculating the potential performance indicators of the combined system.
The simulation model developed on the basis of Gaussian-parametric approximation of input sample statistics allows us to study in dynamics the process of detecting signals reflected from atmospheric hydrometeors against the background of noise interference with regular polarization. The results of simulation modeling, presented as a dependence of the relative dispersion of the process at the output of the system under study on the number of the adaptation step, demonstrate the possibility of stable isolation of a pulsed extended signal from atmospheric hydrometeors under conditions of arbitrary location of sources of interference vibrations.
Keywords: hydrometeors, complex weight coefficient of the polarization processing system, non-stationary random process, estimation of the variance of the output sample.
- Kiselev V.N. and Kuznecov A.D. Metody zondirovanija okruzhajushhej sredy (atmosfery) (Methods of sounding the environment (atmosphere)), Saint-Petersburg: Izd-vo RGGMU, 2004, 429 p.
- Gorbatenko V.P., Sluckij V.I., and Bychkova L.N. Meteorologicheskij radiolokator MRL-5: proizvodstvo nabljudenij. Diagnoz n prognoz opasnyh javlenij pogody (Meteorological radar MRL-5: production of observations. Diagnosis and forecast of dangerous weather phenomena), Tomsk: Izd-vo “TML-Press”, 2007, 120 p.
- Shirman Ja.D., Losev Ju.I., and Minervin N.N. Radiojelektronnye sistemy: osnovy postroenija i teorija. Spravochnik (Radioelectronic systems: fundamentals of construction and theory. Reference book), Moscow: ZAO MAKVIS, 1998, 828 p.
- Grigor’ev V.A. Kombinirovannaja obrabotka signalov v sistemah radiosvjazi (Combined signal processing in radio communication systems), Moscow: Jeko-Trendz, 2002, 264 p.
- Ratynskij M.V. Adaptacija i sverhrazreshenie v antennyh reshjotkah (Adaptation and superresolution in antenna arrays), Moscow: Radio i svjaz’, 2003, 200 p.
- Kamnev E.F., Kirillov N.E., and Kobin N.I. Metody obrabotki signalov pri nalichii pomeh v linijah svjazi (Methods of signal processing in the presence of interference in communication lines), Moscow: Radio i svjaz’, 1985, 224 p.
- Dzhigan V.I. Adaptivnaja fil’tracija signalov: teorija i algoritmy (Adaptive signal filtering: theory and algorithms), Moscow: Tehnosfera, 2013, 527 p.
- Kotousov A.S. and Morozov A.K. Optimal’naja fil’tracija signalov i kompensacija pomeh (Optimal signal filtering and interference compensation), Moscow: Gorjachaja linija-Telekom, 2008, 166 p.
- Monakov A.A. Osnovy matematicheskogo modelirovanija radiotehnicheskih sistem (Fundamentals of mathematical modeling of radio engineering systems), Saint-Petersburg: GUAP, 2005, 100 p.
- Tihonov V.I. and Harisov V.N. Statisticheskij analiz i sintez radiotehnicheskih ustrojstv i sistem: (Statistical analysis and synthesis of radio engineering devices and systems), Moscow: Radio i svjaz’, 2004, 608 p.