L.R. Asfandiyarova, G.V. Khakimova, V.M. Ilyin
Institute of Chemical Technology and Engineering
Ufa State Petroleum Technological University in Sterlitamak,
RF, Sterlitamak, Oktyabrya Ave., 2
The search for effective treatment of industrial stocks is a consequence of the current environmental situation, which dictates the need for wastewater treatment to comply with the norms of maximum permissible concentrations. One of the effective natural intensification technologies for the treatment of natural and wastewater is the use of high- molecular- weight flocculants. The main advantages of physico-chemical methods are to achieve deeper and more stable purification, smaller size of wastewater treatment facilities, and the possibility of full automation of the process. In the course of a laboratory study, the possibility of increasing the degree of wastewater treatment from copper ions by adding iron-containing compounds to the drain was studied.
In the first series of experiments, we assessed the efficiency of wastewater treatment depending on the increase in the ratio of iron and copper content, i.e., two- and three-fold increase in the concentration of iron ions. A synthetic polymer based on polyacrylamide, Praestol 2510, was used as a flocculant. To select the optimal conditions for flocculation, a series of similar experiments was carried out, but with an increase in the flow temperature to 65oC. According to the results of the research, it was found that the processes of flocculation and, accordingly, their sedimentation occur more intensively with an increased content of total iron in wastewater, the flakes themselves have a denser structure and are larger, which increases the rate of their sedimentation. The optimal dose and process conditions were established to ensure the maximum efficiency of purification from heavy metal ions.
Keywords: waste water, heavy metals, flocculation, coprecipitation, dose, efficiency, high molecular weight flocculant.
- Savel’ev S.N., Savel’eva A.V., and Fridland S.V. Issledovanie koagulyacionno-flokulyacionnoj ochistki stochnoj vody proizvodstva organicheskogo sinteza (Study of coagulation-flocculation wastewater treatment of organic synthesis production). Vestnik tekhnologicheskogo universiteta, 2018, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 173–176.
- Savel’ev S.N., Savel’eva A.V., and Fridland S.V. Bezopasnost’ zhiznedeyatel’nosti (Life safety). 2015, 1, pp. 40−44.
- Asfandiyarova L.R., Khakimova G.V., and AIslamutdinova A. Features of sewage sludge dewatering process at the use of flocculant based on epichlorohydrin and dimethylamine. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 2021, 839(4), 042093.
- Asfandiyarova L.R. and Khakimova G.V. Ochistka stochnyh vod ot vzveshennyh veshchestv (Materials of the XVII International scientific and practical Conference Science without borders–2021, March 30–April 7, 2021: Sheffield. Science and education LTD, pp. 11–14.
- Salov V.N. and Susyaeva M.YU. Ekonomicheskie i tekhnologicheskie aspekty sinteza polimernyh flokulyantov i innovacionnye tekhnologii polimerizacii (Economic and technological aspects of the synthesis of polymeric flocculants and innovative polymerization technologies). Voda: ekologiya i tekhnologiya: Tezisy, 2000, IY Mezhdunarodnyj congress, Moscow, pp. 416.
- Gandurina L.V. Sovremennye sposoby povysheniya kachestva pit’evoj vody (Modern ways to improve the quality of drinking water). Inzhenernoe obespechenie ob”ektov stroitel’stva: Obzornaya informaciya. VNIINTPI. Moscow, 2003, Vol. 4, pp. 59.
- Asfandiyarova L.R. and Khakimova G.V. Primenenie sinteticheskih flokulyantov dlya intensifikacii ochistki stochnyh vod (Using of synthetic flocculants for the intensification of wastewater treatment). Materiali za XVII mezhdunarodna nauchna praktichna konferenciya, B”deshchiteizsledvaniya–2022, 17–25 February, 2022: Sofiya, «ByalGRAD-BG», pp. 21–23.
- Asfandiyarova L.R. and Hakimova G.V. Verwendung von Flockungsmittel fur die Abwasserbehandlung der Produktion von Soda. Problemy nauchnoj mysli, 2021, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 16–18.