R.F. Mulyukova, Y.R. Yanturina, I.R. Yausheva, E.K. Aminova, L.Z. Kasyanova, A.A. Islamutdinova, D.S. Bychеk
Institute of Chemical Technology and Engineering, Ufa State Petroleum Technical University
in Stertitamak, RF, Republic of Bashkortostan, Sterlitamak, October Av., 2
In this paper, an eco-friendly solution to the problem of accumulation of solid catalyst waste from the dehydrogenation process is proposed. The method is considered on the example of GOST 18172-80. Currently, an acute global problem is known to be the processing and subsequent use of waste from various industries. One of the large-tonnage technogenic wastes of petrochemical synthesis are catalysts that have served their time and are not subject to further operation and disposal. The paper shows the following solution to this problem: to make a pigment from spent iron oxide catalysts, which are to be used in the production of paints, primers, anticorrosive coatings for atmospheric conditions, and can also be used as a volumetric dye in decorative concrete products. The paper describes in detail the method of determining the qualitative characteristics of the pigment according to the requirements and norms for the physico-chemical parameters of iron oxide pigment.
The proposed method was tested on a spent iron oxide catalyst in the petrochemical industry. The mass of iron, the mass fraction of iron in terms of Fe2O3, the mass fractions of substances soluble in water, the mass fractions of water and volatile substances, oil capacity, hiding power, the residue after dry sieving, the pH of the aqueous suspension of the pigment were determined. Thus, the normative physico-chemical parameters of the pigment of the brand Zh-2 (GOST 18172-80) and the experimental data obtained for the pigment from spent iron oxide catalysts were compared. Based on the results of this work, it was concluded that the proposed method for determining the physico-chemical parameters of pigment from spent iron oxide catalysts allows using them as a pigment.
Keywords: waste processing, iron oxide catalyst, environmental problems, safe composition, pigment.
- Prokhorova A.A. and Chernilovskaya I.E. Regeneraciya i utilizaciya katalizatorov gidrogenizacionnyh processov za rubezhom (Regeneration and utilization of catalysts of hydrogenation processes abroad). Chemistry and technology of fuels and oils, 1986, No. 9, pp. 45–46.
- Stepanov E.G., Kotelnikov G.R., Kuzhin A.V., and Kachalov D.V. Razrabotka metodov kvalificirovannogo ispol’zovaniya otrabotannyh zhelezooksidnyh katalizatorov degidrirovaniya alkilaromaticheskih i olefinovyh (Development of methods of qualified use of processed iron oxide catalysts for dehydrogenation of alkylaromatic and olefin hydrocarbons). Izvestiya Vuzov, Chemistry and chemical technology, 2003, Vol. 46, Is. 9, pp. 68–71.
- Egorov A.N. Utilizaciya otrabotannyh katalizato-rov neftekhimicheskih proizvodstv kak aktual’naya ekologicheskaya problema (Utilization of manufactured catalysts of petrochemical industries as an actual ecological problem). Bulletin of the Tomsk State Pedagogical Institute named after D.I. Mendeleev.2009, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 9–16.
- GOST 18172-80 Pigment zheltyj zhelezookisnyj (Yellow iron oxide pigment. Technical specifications) (with Changes No. 1). GOST №18172-80 dated January 1, 1981.
- GOST 21119.2-75 Obshchie metody ispytanij pigmentov i napolnitelej. Opredelenie massovoj doli veshchestv, rastvorimyh v vode (General test methods for pigments and fillers. Determination of the mass fraction of substances soluble in water) (with Changes No. 1, No. 2). GOST № 2119.2-75 dated January 1, 1977.
- GOST 2119.1-75 Obshchie metody ispytanij pigmentov i napolnitelej. Opredelenie massovoj doli vody i letuchih veshchestv (General test methods for pigments and fillers. Determination of the mass fraction of water and volatile substances) (with Changes No. 1, No. 2, No 3). GOST №21119.1-75 dated January 1, 1977.
- GOST 21119.8-75 Obshchie metody ispytanij pigmentov i napolnitelej. Opredelenie massovoj doli vody i letuchih veshchestv (General test methods for pigments and fillers. Determination of oil capacity) (with Changes No. 1, No. 2). GOST №21119.8-75 dated January 1, 1977.
- GOST 8784-75 Materialy lakokrasochnye. Metody opredeleniya ukryvistosti (Materials are varnished and colorful. Methods for determining the hiding power) (with Changes No. 1, No. 2). GOST №8784-75 dated January 1, 1976.
- GOST 21119.4-75 Obshchie metody ispytanij pigmentov i napolnitelej. Metody opredeleniya ostatka na site (General test methods for pigments and fillers. Methods for determining the residue on the sieve) (with Changes No. 1). GOST № 21119.4-75 dated of January 1, 1977.
- GOST 21119.3-91 Obshchie metody ispytanij pigmentov i napolnitelej. Opredelenie pH vodnoj suspenzii (General methods for testing pigments and fillers. Determination of the pH of an aqueous suspension). GOST № 21119.3-91 dated January 1, 1993.
- Stepanov E.G., Kotelnikov G.R., Kuzhin A.V., and Kachalov D.V. Fiziko-himicheskie svojstva i primenenie poroshkov, poluchennyh iz otrabotannyh katalizatorov degidrirovaniya (Physico-chemical Properties and Applications of Powders Obtained from Spent Dehydrogenation Catalysts). Kataliz v promyshlennosti, 2003, No. 6, pp. 27–31.