A.V. Smirnov, M.I. Semenova, A.S. Kovalevskaya, O.V. Smolova
St. Petersburg State Electrotechnical University “LETI”, RF, St. Petersburg, Professor Popov St., 5
This article focuses on the need for a comprehensive approach to the analysis of toxicity by a method of biotesting of wastes which are determinated as organic substances. According to the literature review, a number of justifications were formulated, according to which the approved biotesting methods can distort or give an incomplete picture of toxicity of the analyzed objects with a high content of organic compounds.
According to the formulated problem, experiments were carried out to determine the toxicity of such wastes as: elements of crystalline solar panels Eva and Tedlar, chicken manure and sodium lignosulfonate. These objects are organic compounds, and the importance of assessing their toxicity is due to the value of the wastes as recyclables. The toxicity of the solar panel components was assessed by the chemotactic reaction of ciliates Paramecium caudatum. In this study, the analysis of the factors of temperature, exposure time and the use of mineral water and 1% acetone solution as extractants was carried out. Using the results obtained, significant relationships between the effects of these factors on the resulting toxicity were established. When studying chicken manure and sodium lignosulfonate, the problem of the expediency of using test objects for a specific type of the analyzed environment was considered. As test objects and analysis methods, analysis of the chemotactic reaction of ciliates Paramecium caudatum and Tetrahymena pyriformis, analysis of changes in the optical density of algae Chlorella vulgaris Beijer were used. Based on the data obtained, sensitivity series of test objects were constructed for each of the analyzed objects.
Keywords: Toxicity, biotesting, Paramecium caudatum, Chlorella vulgaris, Tetrahymena pyriformis, sample preparation.
- Lihachev S.V., Pimenova E.V., and Zhakova S.N. Biotestirovanie v ecologicheskom monitoringe (Biotesting in the environmental monitoring). Perm: Izd-vo IPC “Pokrost”, 2020, 91 p.
- Shetkina T.N. Ispolpolzovanie avtomatizirovannoy biotechnicheskoi sistemy i prosteishih odnokletochnih organizmov dlya biotestirovanya objectov okruzhaushei sredy: Aftoref. diss. kand. biol. nauk (The use of the automated biotechnical system and the simplest unicellular organisms for biotesting of environmental objects. Cand. biol. sci. thesis). Kaluga, 2007, 27 p.
- Chesnokova C.M. and Chugai N.V. Biologicheskie metody ocenki kachestva ob`ectov okruzhayushchej sredy (Biological estimation methods of objects of environmental quality). Vladimir: Izd-vo VlGU, 2008, 92 p.
- Tichanovskay G.A. and Mashihina U.V. Biologicheskii control okruzhayushchej sredy (Biological control of environment). Vologda: Izd-vo VoGU, 2016, 39 p.
- PND F T 16.3.16-10 (Russian standard), Moscow: 2015, 22 p.
- PND F T 14.1:2:3.13-06 (Russian standard), Moscow: 2006, 39 p.
- PND F T 16.3.12-07 (Russian standard), Moscow: 2007, 27 p.
- PND F T 14.1:2:3:4.10-04, 16.1:2:2.3:3.7-04 (Russian standard), Moscow: 2014, 38 p.
- GOST 31674-2012 (Interstate standard), Moscow: Standatinform, 2015, 22 p.
- PND F T 14.1:2:3:4.1-96, 16.2:2.2.1-96 (Russian standard), Moscow: 1996, 12 p.
- Lisickya T.B. Biotestirovanie s ispolzovaniem infuzorii: Diss. kand. biol. nauk (Biotating with using of infuzoria. Сand. biol. sci. thesis). Saint-Petersburg: SPbGTI, 2007, 120 p.
- Vinohodov D.O. Nauchnie osnovi biotestirovania s ispolzovaniem infuzorii: Aftoref. diss. doc. biol. nauk. (Scientific basis of biotesting using infusoria: Aftoref. diss. doc. biol. sci. thesis). Saint-Petersburg: SPbGTU, 2007, 40 p.
- Zaharov I.S., Zavgorodnii A.V., and Kovalevskay A.S. Biologicheskie reakcii dlya kompleksnogo testirovaniya toksichnosti sredi (Biological reactions for complex environmental toxicity testing). Trudy Vtorogo Mezhdunarodnogo nauchnogo kongressa “Neirobiotelekom-2006”, 2006, pp. 209–210.
- Olkova A.S. Razrabotka strategii biotestirovaniya vodnih sred s uchetom mnogofactornosti otvetnih reakcij: Diss. doc. bio. nauk (Development of a strategy for biotesting of aquatic environments, taking into account the multifactorial nature of responses to the reactions of test organisms: Doc. biol. sci. thesis). Kirov: VGU, 2020, 359 p.
- Polozuk O.N. and Ushakova T.M. Gematologia (Hematology). Persianovskyi: Izd-vo Donskoy GAU, 2019, 159 p.
- Golicyn A.N. Promyshlennaya ecologiya i monitoring zagryazneniya prirodnoi sredy (Industrial ecology and environmental pollution monitoring). Moscow: ONIKS, 2007, 335 p.
- Deng R., Chang N.L., Ouyang Z., and Chong C.M. A techno-economic review of silicon photovoltaic module recycling. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2019, No. 109, pp. 532–550.
- Jordan D.C. and Kurtz S.R. Photovoltaic Degradation Rates – An Analytical Review. National Renewable energy Laboratory Journal Article. 2012. No. NREL/ JA-5200-51664. pp. 32–41.
- Malutina L.A. Pochvennaya utilizaciya othodov pticevodstva v lesostepnoi zone Altaiskogo Priob’ya: aftoref. kand. the. nauk (Soil disposal of poultry waste in the forest-steppe zone of the Altai Ob region: Aftoref. cand. tech. sci. thesis), Barnaul: FGBOU VO, 2017, 32 p.
- Savich V.I., Sedyh V.A., and Povetkina N.L. Ocenka vliyaniya ptichego pometa na sostoyanie pochv, vozdushnoi i vodnoi sredy (Assessment of the impact of bird litter on the state of soil, air and water environment). Agrohimicheskij vestnik, 2013, No. 1, pp. 33–36.
- Chudakov M.I. Promyshlennoe ispolzovanie lignina (Industrial uses of lignin). Moscow: Lesnaya promyshlennist’, 1983, 200 p.