Institute of Natural and Technical Systems, RF, Sevastopol, Lenin St., 28
Methodological approaches to the assessment of possible negative impact of emission sources from Europe, containing suspended particles, on the ecological situation of the city of Sevastopol are presented. The research methodology is based on the joint use of the HYSPLIT trajectory transfer model and the analysis of satellite observation data, which includes: the index of absorbing aerosols obtained from the reflection coefficients measured by GOME-2 and OMI instruments; the TROPOMI aerosol index. For the analysis, a case of exceeding the maximum permissible concentration of suspended particles is taken, registered at the observation post in the city of Sevastopol. Five-day reverse trajectories ending at the observation point are studied. The analysis of the data of satellite observations of the aerosol movement over the studied area is carried out. The main types of aerosols are determined using the CALIPSO algorithm.
From the conducted research, it is possible to formulate some of the methodological approaches: for evaluation, it is necessary to use various types of observations, both ground-based and remote, various information carriers; it is necessary to carry out constant analysis and quality control of measurements of a variety of parameters in order to obtain consistent long-term series of observations for various characteristics; to use various types of devices using various measurement principles; it is essential to obtain a synergistic complex effect when using various systems and methods of observations for measuring a specific parameter.
Keywords: suspended particles, aerosols, aerosol index, particle transport models, satellite observations, HYSPLIT, CALIPSO, TROPOMI.
- https://www.eea.europa.eu/publications/air-quality-in-europe-2021 / (August 09, 2022).
- Draxler R.R. and Hess G. Description of the HYSPLIT4 modeling system, 1997.
- https://earth.esa.int/eogateway/missions/aeolus / (August 09, 2022).
- https://www.temis.nl/airpollution/absaai / (August 09, 2022).
- https://sentinels.copernicus.eu/web/sentinel/missions/sentinel-5p (August 09, 2022).
- https://www.earthengine.app/ (August 09, 2022).
- Omar A.H., David M.W., Chieko K., Mark A.V., Zhaoyan Liu., Charles R.T., Raymond R.R., Richard A.F., Kam-Pui Lee, Ralph E.K., and Chris A.H. The CALIPSO automated aerosol classification and lidar ratio selection algorithm. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, 2009, Vol. 26, Iss. 10, pp. 1994–2014. doi:10.1175/2009JTECHA1231.1.