A.E. Shchodro1, A.N. Sorokin2
1Institute of Natural and Technical Systems, RF, Sevastopol, Lenin St., 28
2198 SRC MD of RF, Sevastopol
Some methodological bases for calculating sediment inflow to the beach coast, internal balance of sediments in a certain area, changes in its configuration over time, and coastline dynamics are presented. The method for determining the discharge of sediments coming from the open sea is based on the works of I.O. Leontiev, in which assumptions are made regarding the properties of sediments, climatic features of the considered region of the sea coast, the morphological properties of the coast, etc. Sediment flow rates are related to the probabilities of individual particle separation from the bottom surface. It is the theoretical construction determining the relationship between the separation probability and the kinematic characteristics of the flow that constitutes one of the aspects of this work. Operational measurement systems that are developed include the measurement of bottom sediment concentration velocities, as well as the velocities and directions of their movement. At the same time, the theoretical constructions presented in this paper will allow more reasonable interpolation and extrapolation of measurement data in order to obtain a forecast of long-term deformations of the coast and will allow choosing the best empirical ratios for the sediment flow carried by waves on the coast. A system of longitudinal wave damping through structures of the “Comb” type was installed near the city of Kaliningrad. The experience of its work has shown good wave damping, drifting by sediments of the space between the coastline and structures, and its good environmental characteristics.
Keywords: control of bank deformations, probability of particle separation, sediment flow, bottom velocity.
- Antonenkov D.A.and Shchodro A.Ye. Kontrol’ i metodika modelirovaniya gidrologicheskikh protsessov pri proyektirovanii gidrotekhnicheskikh sooruzheniy v ust’yevykh vzmor’yakh rek (Control and methodology for modeling hydrological processes in the design of hydrotechnical structures in the estuarine coastal areas of rivers). Sistemy kontrolya okruzhayushchey sredy, 2021, No. 4 (46), pp. 55–62.
- Grishanin K.V. Dinamika ruslovykh potokov (Dynamics of river-bed flows). Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat, 1979, 311 p.
- Einstein Hans Albert. Innovation and Compromise in Formulating Sediment Transport in Rivers. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 2004, Vol. 130 (6), pp. 477–487.
- Schodro A.E. Mathematical modeling of the single bottom particle stability. Avtomobilʹni dorohy i dorozhnye budivnytstvo, Iss. 2004, 71, pp. 206–215.
- Antonenkov D.A, and Shchodro A.E. Using the PIV Method to Study the Structure of the Water Flow and Bottom Sediment Transport Process. Oceanology, 2021, Vol. 61 (6), pp. 1064–1071.
- 6. Matseya A.V. Vzaimodeystviye turbulentnogo potoka s sherokhovatym dnom (Interaction of a turbulent flow with a rough bottom). Voprosy teorii i praktiki nadozhnosti gidromeliorativnykh sistem i sooruzheniy. Tbilisi: GruzNIIGiM, 1989, pp. 106–112.
- Shchodro A.Ye. and Sorokin A.N Printsipy upravleniya dvizheniyem nanosov s pomoshch’yu pronitsayemykh volnogasyashchikh sooruzheniy s gibkimi elementami (Principles of control of sediment movement using permeable wave damping structures with flexible elements). III Mezh-dunarodnaya nauchnaya konferentsiya “Opasnyye yavleniya – III”, na baze Yuzhnogo nauchnogo tsentra Rossiyskoy akademii nauk, Rostov-na-Donu, 15-19 iyunya 2021, pp. 213–217.
- Leont’yev I.O. Byudzhet nanosov i prognoz razvitiya morskogo berega (Sediment budget and seashore development forecast). Okeanologiya, 2008, Vol. 48 (30), pp. 467–476.
- Bazilevich V.A. Opredeleniye razmyvayushchey sposobnosti potoka po aktual’nym skorostyam (Determination of the erosive capacity of a current by actual speeds). Gidrotekhnicheskoye stroitel’stvo, 1962, No. 8, pp. 39–40.
- Leont’yev I.O. Pribrezhnaya dinamika: volny, techeniya, potoki nanosov (Coastal dynamics: waves, currents, sediment flows). Moscow: GEOS, 2001, 272 p.
- Leont’yev I.O. Ravnovesiye beregovogo kontura (Equilibrium of the coastal contou). Okeanologiya, 2005, Vol. 45 (5), pp.790–800.
- Grishin N.N. Mekhanika pridonnykh nanosov (Mechanics of bottom sediments). Moscow: Nauka, 1982, 160 p.
- Barenblatt G.I. O dvizhenii vzveshennykh chastits v turbulentnom potoke (On the Motion of Suspended Particles in a Turbulent Flow). Prikladnaya matematika i mekhanika, 1953, Vol. 17 (3), pp. 261–274.
- Frankl’ F.I. Opyt poluempi-richeskoy teorii dvizheniya vzveshennykh nanosov v neravnomernom potoke. (Experience of the semi-empirical theory of the movement of suspended sediments in an irregular flow). Izbrannyye trudy po gazovoy dinamike. Moscow: Nauka, 1973, pp. 664–669.
- Slavinsʹka O.S. Hidrodynamichnyy opys struktury prydonnoyi oblasti turbulentnoho potoku z urakhuvannyam korelyatsiy rukhu chastok nanosiv (Hydrodynamic description of the structure of the bottom region of the turbulent flow taking into account the correlations of the movement of sediment particles). Hidromelioratsiya ta hidrotekhnichne budivnytstvo, 2006, Vol. 31, pp. 278–286.
- Savenko V.YA., Slavynsʹka O.S., and Shchodro O.Ye. Metodyka rozrakhunku zahalʹnykh ruslovykh deformatsiy bilya strumenenapryamnykh damb ta mostovykh perekhodiv: MRR 218–02070915–231–2004 (Methodology for calculating general channel deformations near jet-directing dams and bridge crossings: MRR 218–02070915–231–2004). Kiev: Ukravtodor: NTU, 2004, 83 p.