V.Y. Zhuravsky, E.N. Voskresenskaya
Institute of Natural and Technical Systems, Russian Federation, Sevastopol, Lenin St., 28
UDC 551.547.2, 551.515.1
A method for cyclones identification based on the principle of low-pressure centres tracking is considered in the paper. A comparative analysis of the results of cyclone isolation from different reanaleses data sets both NCEP / NCAR and 20CR (20th Century Reanalysis) was done.
Keywords: cyclones, storm-tracks change, low-pressure centres.
LIST OF REFERENCES
- Distribution functions of probabilities of cyclones and anticyclones in the reanalysis data and climate model of INM RAS M. G. Akperov, and M. Yu. Bardin, E. M. Volodin [et al.] / / Izv. Russian Academy of Sciences. Physics of the atmosphere and ocean. 2007. T. 43. No. 6. P. 764-772.
- Data.GISS: Atlas of Extratropical Storm Tracks. – URL: http://data.giss.nasa.gov/stormtracks/ (date of request: 15.09.2017).
- A Community Effort to Intercompare Extratropical Cyclone Detection and Tracking Algorithms / U. Neu, M.G. Akperov, N. Bellenbaum [et al.] // B. Am. Meteorol. Soc., 94 (4). P. 529–547. doi: 10.1175.
- NCEP Reanalysis. – URL: https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/cgi-bin/db_search/DBListFiles.pl?did=192&tid=59904&vid=14 (date of request: 15.09.2017).
- NOAA-CIRES 20th Century Reanalysis version 2c. URL:https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/cgi-bin/db_search/DBListFiles.pl?did=164&tid=50675&vid=3702 (date of request: 15.09.2017).
168 total views, 2 views today