A.S. Chernova, A.A. Islamutdinova, E.K. Aminova, V.A. Idrisova
Branch of the Ufa State Petroleum Technical University in Sterlitamak, RF, Republic of Bashkortostan, Sterlitamak, October Av., 2
In this paper, the use of corrosion inhibitors is proposed as a promising environmental method of protecting structural steel from acid corrosion. The paper shows the possibility of using oleic acid amides containing a sulfogroup as well as their salts as acid corrosion inhibitors. The studied compounds were obtained by three successive syntheses, optimal conditions for the quantitative production of target products were selected. The physicochemical characteristics of the obtained compounds were determined. In the course of the study, two water-soluble compounds and six water-soluble compounds were obtained to test for anticorrosive properties. The anticorrosive properties of potential acid corrosion inhibitors were studied under static conditions with a concentration of hydrochloric acid of 1 M at 20 ° C.
In solutions with a concentration of hydrochloric acid of 1 M, all the amides obtained and their salts exhibited high anticorrosive activity. Sulfated oleic acid amides at a concentration of 0.1 g/l showed a high protective effect in a solution with a hydrochloric acid concentration of 5 m. Sulfated oleic acid amides can be recommended for use to protect equipment, as potential inhibitors when etching carbon steels with hydrochloric acid.
Keywords: acid corrosion, inhibitors, amides, environmental problem, organic synthesis, protective effect, anticorrosive properties.
- Hakkerman K.T. and Makrides I.M. Dejstvie poljarnyh organicheskih ingibitorov pri rastvorenii metallov v kislotah (The effect of polar organic inhibitors on the dissolution of metals in acids), Moscow: Himija, 1966, 300 p.
- Rahmankulov D.L., Zencov N.V., and Gafarov N.A. Ingibitory korrozii. Vol. 3. Osnovy proizvodstva otechestvennyh ingibitorov korrozii (Fundamentals of the production of domestic corrosion inhibitors.), Moscow: Izdatel’stvo ”Inter”, 2005, 346 p.
- Borshhevskij A.M., Velikanova T.D., and Pavlovec N.M. Vlijanie zhelezookisljajushhih bakterij na korroziju uglerodistoj stali v vodoprovodnoj vode S-Peterburg (Influence of iron-oxidizing bacteria on corrosion of carbon steel in tap water of St. Petersburg). Zashhita metallov, 1994, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 364–368.
- Garifullin F.S. Issledovanie prichin vysokih skorostej korrozii truboprovodov (Investigation of the causes of high corrosion rates of pipelines). Neftjanoe hozjajstvo, 2001, No. 3, pp. 64–66.
- Suerbaev H.A. Vvedenie v neftehimiju (Introduction to Petrochemistry), Almaty: Kazak universitet, 2002, 129 p.
- Batueva I.Ju., Gajle A.A., Pokonova Ju.V., Spirkin. V.G., and Chertkov Ja.B. Himija nefti (Oil Chemistry.), Leningrad: Himija, 1984, 360 p.