I.V. Ovsyannikova, L.R. Asfandiyarova, G.V. Khakimova, M.S. Luzina
Institute of Chemical Technology and Engineering FSBEI HE «Ufa State Petroleum
Technological University» in Sterlitamak,
RF, Sterlitamak, Oktyabrya St., 2
Studies aimed at determining the eutrophication coefficient of the Sterlya River were carried out in order to test the developed method for determining the eutrophication coefficient of surface rivers. Water sampling from the Sterlya River was performed in February, April, October 2018 and May 2022 within the city of Sterlitamak. As a test object, according to the method, watercress seeds were used. The choice of this plant is due to the sensitivity of three parameters (seed germination, length and dry weight of seedlings) to environmental toxicity.
Seed germination in samples taken in 2018 varies within 97–100%, in 2022 – 93–98.3%. The smallest length of seedlings was recorded in the sample taken in February 2018. In all samples, with an increase in the dilution ratio, the length of seedlings increased. The maximum growth of watercress seedlings in undiluted samples was observed in April 2018: this dependence was due to the beginning of snowmelt, which led to an increase in the amount of nutrients, as a result of which eutrophication factors affected the average length of plants. The obtained results indicate that the most sensitive parameter is the average length of seedlings, which is confirmed by reliable correlation coefficients.
It should also be noted that there are no methods for quantitative determination of the level of eutrophication. The use of this technique turned out to be suitable for quantitative determination of the level of eutrophication, taking into account the simultaneous processes of toxication and eutrophication of water bodies.
Keywords: small rivers, eutrophication, biotesting, germination, correlation, toxicity, test object.
- Strel’cova N.B. and Sheptiev S.A. Osobennosti evtrofirovanija malyh rek rostovskoj oblasti (Peculiarities of eutrophication of small rivers in the Rostov region). Ekologiya i vodnoe hozyajstvo, No. 4(07), 2020, pp. 12–21.
- Asadullina G.R. and Shkundina F.B. Ispol’zovanie fitoplanktona dlya ocenki ekologicheskogo sostoyaniya rek na territorii g. Sterlitamaka (Usage of phytoplankton to assess the ecological state of rivers in the territory of Sterlitamak). Geologija, poleznye iskopaemye i problemy geoekologii Bashkortostana, Urala i sopredel’nyh territorij, 2010, Vol. 8, pp. 261–263.
- Daminev R.R., Asfandijarova L.R., Panchenko A.A., Junusova G.V., and Ovsjannikova I.V. Ekotoksikologicheskij analiz sostoyaniya vodnogo ob`ekta (Ecotoxicological analysis of the state of the water body). Vestnik Tverskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Serija: Biologija i ekologiyja, 2017, Vol. 3, pp. 141–147.
- Zejfert D.V., Abdrashitov J.M., and Ovsjannikova I.V. Ekologicheskij monitoring poverhnostnyh vod s ispol’zovaniem biotestirovaniya (Environmental monitoring of surface waters using biotesting). Ekologicheskij vestnik Rossii, 2014, Vol. 5, pp. 34–40.
- PND F T 14.1:2:4.19-2013 Metodika opredelenija toksichnosti pit’evyh, gruntovyh, poverhnostnyh i stochnyh vod, rastvorov himicheskih veshhestv po izmereniju pokazatelej vshozhesti, srednej dlinyi, srednego suhogo vesa prorostkov semyan kress-salata (Lepidiumsativum) (Method for determining the toxicity of drinking, ground, surface and waste waters, solutions of chemicals by measuring germination, average length and average dry weight of cress seedlings (Lepidiumsativum)). Acceptance 01 January. 2013. № 4.1:2:4.19-2013.
- Zhivetina A.V., Nohrin D.Ju., Derho M.A., and Muhamed’jarova L.G. Sezonnye osobennosti himicheskogo sostava i kachestva vody v vodohranilishche ruslovogo tipa (Seasonal features of the chemical composition and quality of water in a channel-type reservoir). Uchenye zapiski Krymskogo federal’nogo universiteta imeni V. I. Vernadskogo. Biologija. Himija, 2021, Vol. 7 (73), No. 1, pp. 259–276.
- Askarov R.R., Goloshhapov A.P., and Ovsjannikova I.V. Ocenka antropogennoj nagruzki na poverhnostnye vody srednego techenija reki Beloj metodom biotestirovanija (Assessment of the anthropogenic load on the surface waters of the middle reaches of the Belaya River by the method of biotesting). Problemy regional’noj ekologii, 2015, Vol. 1, pp. 6–11.
- Ovsjannikova I.V. i dr. Ocenka jevtroficirovannosti vodnogo ob`ekta metodom biotestirovanija (Estimation of eutrophication of a water body by biotesting). Estestvennye i tehnicheskie nauki, 2022, No. 8 (171), pp. 48–50.