Institute of Natural and Technical Systems, RF, Sevastopol, Lenin St., 28
In this paper, it is shown that thermodynamic calculations of the processes of mixing and combustion of fuels are key in the development of appropriate structural elements of diesel internal combustion engines (ICE) (mixing devices, combustion chambers, intake and exhaust bodies, valve timing regulators, mechanisms regulating the angle of advance of fuel supply, etc)
Modern methods of calculation of internal combustion engine working processes are analyzed. Key directions of application of these methods and ways of their improvement in analytical assessment of specific heat capacities, on which effective and ecological parameters of ICE depend, are determined. The calculation of heat capacities is an important component in thermodynamic calculations of internal combustion engines, since the accuracy of assessing the thermodynamic properties of working bodies, which change during the entire cycle, depends on this parameter in the future.
Methods of analytical calculation of heat capacities of working bodies in ICE are analyzed, recommendations on their practical use, resulting in the smallest error in calculations, are given. These methods are used to compile reference tables of heat capacities of working bodies. The advantages of the selected method are shown and, on the example of comparative analysis, recommendations on its use in calculations of thermodynamic parameters of ICE are given.
Based on the results of the work, conclusions and recommendations are made regarding the feasibility of using a refined mathematical model for the analytical determination of heat capacities of working fluids in the ICE calculation programs, which will significantly increase the reliability of the results of thermodynamic calculations. This, in turn, will improve the assessment of the thermal, environmental and effective components of the ICE working processes.
Keywords: modelling of working processes, internal combustion engines, methods of calculating heat capacity, effective and environmental parameters.
- Kargin S.A., Isaev A.P., and Iskenderli T.I. Razrabotka metodiki rascheta pokazatelej rabochego cikla dizelej pri razlichnyh sposobah smeseobrazovaniya (Development of the procedure for calculation of diesel engine operating cycle parameters for various mixing methods). Izvestiya Volgogradskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta, 2011, No. 8(81), pp. 69–72.
- Babich A.A., Gromov S.A., and Levterov A.M. Sovremennye metody matematicheskogo modelirovaniya rabochih processov dizelya (Modern methods of mathematical modeling of diesel operating processes). Vestnik Har’kovskogo nacional’nogo avtomobil’no-dorozhnogo universiteta, 2016, No. 75, pp. 109–115.
- Kuleshov A.S. Razvitie metodov rascheta i optimizaciya rabochih processov DVS: special’nost’ 05.04.02 «Teplovye dvigateli»: Avtoref. diss. d-ra tekh. nauk (Development of calculation methods and optimization of internal combustion engine work processes: specialty 05.04.02 “Heat engines”. Synopsis of Dr. tech. sci. thesis). Moscow, 2011, 32 p.
- https://metrologiya-story.ru/istoriya-izobreteniya-kalorimetra.html (June 08, 2023)
- Shyule V. Tekhnicheskaya termodinamika (Technical thermodynamics). Vol. 1, Moscow: Glavnaya redakciya energeticheskoj literatury, 1935, 412 p.
- Vibe I.I. Novoe o rabochem cikle dvigatelya. Skorost’ sgoraniya i rabochij cikl dvigatelya. (New about engine operating cycle. Engine combustion speed and operating cycle). Moscow, Sverdlovsk: Mashgiz, 1962, 271 p.
- Sharoglazov B.A. and Popov A.E. Uravneniya dlya rascheta otnosheniya teploemkostej rabochego tela v transportnyh dizelyah (Equations for calculation of working medium heat capacity ratio in transport diesel engines). Transport Urala, 2011, No. 3(30), pp. 81–83.
- Sobolenko A.N. and Florianskaya M.V. Raschet teploemkosti produktov sgoraniya komprimirovannogo gazovogo topliva marok “a” i “b” v dizelyah (Calculation of heat capacity of combustion products of compressed gas fuel type “a” and “b” in diesel engines) Vestnik Astrahanskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta. Seriya: Morskaya tekhnika i tekhnologiya, 2021, No. 2, pp. 65–74.
- Glushko V.P. Termodinamicheskie svojstva individual’nyh veshchestv (Thermodynamic properties of individual substances). Moscow: Nauka, 1982, 497 p.
- Rivkin S.L. Termodinamicheskie svojstva gazov (Thermodynamic properties of gases). Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 1987, 288 p.
- Aleksandrov A.A. avalible at: https://www.rosmedlib.ru/book/ISBN9785383013564. html (June 08, 2023)
- Aleksandrov A.A., Orlov K.A., and Ochkov V.F. Uravneniya i programma dlya rascheta svojstv gazov i produktov sgoraniya (Equations and program for calculating the properties of gases and combustion products). Teploenergetika, 2005, No. 3, pp. 48–55.
- Vyrubov D.N., Orlina A.S., and Kruglova M.G. Dvigateli vnutrennego sgoraniya. Teoriya porshnevyh i kombinirovannyh dvigatelej (Internal combustion engines. Theory of piston and combined engines). Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1983, 372 p.