Institute of Natural and Technical Systems, RF, Sevastopol, Lenin St., 28
In the framework of the numerical model of a two-layer ocean with the depth of layers corresponding to the average ocean conditions, the study of the evolution of large-scale circulation under the influence of an external time-changing vorticity flow at constant dissipation parameters is carried out, the time scales of long-period oscillations of the flow energy are analyzed. The article describes two groups of numerical experiments, in the first case, the change of the wind field over time was carried out by periodic meridional displacement of the wind field, in the second case, the amplitude of the wind field was periodically changed. The time period of the change in the structure of the wind field in both cases was equal to 1 year of model time. The time period of the change in the structure of the wind field in both cases was equal to 1 year of model time. The effect of the changing wind action is to weaken the intensity of the flow system when the wind field changes over time in the meridional direction and to impose the response of the the forced oscillations of the amplitude of the wind field on the current flow system.
Кeywords: synoptic variability, large-scale variability, wind-forced currents.
To quote, follow the DOI link and use the Actions-Cite option or copy:
[IEEE] A.B. Fedotov, “LONG-TERM OCEANIC CIRCULATION IN A TWO-LAYER OCEAN FORCED BY THE CHANGING”, Monitoring systems of environment, vol. 4, pp. 108–113, Dec. 2019.
LIST OF REFERENCES
- Polonsky A. B., Sukhonos p. A. On the mechanism of formation of temperature anomalies in the upper layer of the North Atlantic / / Oceanology. 2018. Vol. 58. No. 5. P. 709-718. DOI: 10.1134/S003015741805012X.
- Kondrashev D., Berloff P. Stochastic modeling of decadal variability in ocean gyres // Geophysical Research Letters. 2015. 42. P. 1–14. DOI: 10.1002/2014GL062871.
- Gula J., Molemaker M.J., McWilliams J.C. Gulf stream dynamics along the southeastern u.s. seaboards // J. Phys. Oceanogr. 2015. 45 (3). P. 690–715.
- Shevchenko Igor, Berloff Pavel. On the role of baroclinic modes in eddy-resolving midlatitude ocean dynamics // Ocean Modeling. 2017. 111. P. 55–65.
- Fedotov A.B. long-Period variability of the system of large-scale circulation and mesoscale vortices as a phenomenon of self-organization. Oceanological research. 2019. Vol. 47. No. 3. P. 206-219. DOI: 10.29006/1564–2291.JOR–2019.47(3).16.
- Rhines P.B. Geostrophic turbulence // Ann. Rev. Fluid Mech. 1979. Vol. 11. P. 401–441.
- Arakawa A. Computational design of long-term numerical integration of the equations of fluid motion, two-dimensional incompressible flow // Journal of Comput. Physics. 1966. Vol. 1. № 1. P. 119–143.
- Roache Patrick J. Hermosa Publishers, 1976. 446 p.
139 total views, 1 views today