Branch of Institute of Natural and Technical Systems in Sochi, Kurortny Av., 99/18
The problem of ensuring safe exploitation of various structures and sophisticated equipment has been particularly relevant in recent years. Consequently, stringent requirements are placed on the reliability of the materials used in the units and constructions of products. In addition, reducing losses from the material corrosion and aging is one of the most important scientific, technical and economic problems of the world economy. Apart from mechanical wear of parts, technical condition of mechanisms and constructions is significantly affected by the processes of corrosion and aging of construction materials under the influence of environmental factors. The zone of wet subtropics is one of the most aggressive climatic regions for materials of different class.
In this research, the main impact factors of the coastal environment of wet subtropics of the Russian Federation in the Imereti lowland area (Greater Sochi area) were evaluated at the coastal test site. In the process of research, long-term average annual and limit values of meteorological parameters and aero-chemical corrosion activators were determined. The atmospheric corrosiveness indices were obtained in accordance with National Standard GOST 9.039 and ISO 9223. Data on the degree of affect of aggressive factors on polymeric materials (intensity, dose parameters and limit values) were obtained, a wide range of biodestructive strains were revealed.
According to the research results, a statement can be made of the pronounced aggressive nature of the analyzed environment, the absence of acute seasonal change in the influencing factors and, therefore, the year-round course of corrosion processes, aging and biodeterioration, which makes the region of wet subtropics of the Russian Federation one of the important representative zones for construction material tests.
Keywords: environment, aggressive factors, microbiological lesions, metals and alloys, polymeric materials.
LIST OF REFERENCES
- GOST 15150-69 ESZKS. Machines, devices and other technical systems. Execution for various climatic areas. Categories, operating conditions, storage and transportation regarding the impact of climatic environmental factors.
- Mikhailovsky Yu.I. Atmospheric corrosion of metals and their protection methods, M.: Metallurgy, 1989. 102 p.
- Startsev O.V. Aging of polymer aviation materials in a warm, humid climate: Thesis. PhD diss. (Technical science) M.: ONTI VIAM, 1990. 80 p.
- Semenychev V.V. Corrosion resistance of 1201 alloy samples in marine subtropics // Corrosion: Materials, Protection, 2015. No. 3. P. 1–5.
- Rudnev V.P. Aging of aviation organic glasses in free and loaded states in a warm humid climate conditions. The dissertation for the degree of candidate of technical sciences. M.: ONTI VIAM, 1991. 228 p.
- GOST 16350-80 ESZKS. Climate of the USSR. Zoning and statistical parameters of climatic factors for technical purposes.
- Influence of meteorological parameters of various tropical climate zones on the durability of materials under conditions of full-scale climatic tests / N.P. Andreeva, M.R. Pavlov, E.O. Valevin [et al.] // Climate-2019: Modern approaches to assessing the impact of external factors on materials and complex technical systems: materials of scientific and technical conf. [Elect. resource]. M.: VIAM, 2019. P. 7-17.
- Imereti lowland. Natural and geological conditions, the problem of development / I.P. Balabanov, S.P. Nikiforov, I.S. Pashkovsky [et al.] / Ed. I.P. Balabanova. M.: Nedra Publishing House LLC, 2011. 281 p.
- GOST 9.906-83 ESZKS. Climatic test stations. General requirements.
- GOST 9.039-74 ESZKS. Corrosive aggressiveness of the atmosphere.
- ISO 9226:2012 Corrosion of metals and alloys – Corrosivity of atmospheres – Determination of corrosion rate of standard specimens for the evaluation of corrosivity.
- GOST 9.909-86 ESZKS. Metals, alloys, metallic and non-metallic inorganic coatings. Test methods at climate test stations.
- ISO 8565:2011 Metals and alloys – Atmospheric corrosion testing – General requirements.
- Rudnev V.P. Study of paint and varnish technical inscriptions preservation on protective polymer products coatings in humid subtropics // Environmental Monitoring Systems. 2019. No 3 (37). P. 23–28.
- ISO 9223:2012 Corrosion of metals and alloys – Corrosivity of atmospheres – Classification, determination and estimation.
- ISO 9224:2012 Corrosion of metals and alloys – Corrosivity of atmospheres – Guiding values for the corrosivity categories.
- ISO 9225:2012 Corrosion of metals and alloys – Corrosivity of atmospheres – Measurement of environmental parameters affecting corrosivity of atmospheres.
- Vu Ding Huy. Atmospheric corrosion of metals in the tropics. M.: Nauka, 1994. 240 p.
- Rimantas Ramanauskas, Eimutis Juzeliûnas, Algimantas Narkevièius, Dalia Buèinskienë Investigation of microbiologically influenced corrosion. 1. Characterization of natural outdoor conditions in Lithuania // CHEMIJA, 2005. V. 16, No 1. P. 25–34.
- Climatic aging of composite materials used for aviation purposes. III. Significant aging factors / E.N. Kablov, O.V. Startsev, A.S. Krotov [et al.] // Deformation and destruction of materials. 2011. No 1. P. 34–40.
- Renby B., Rabek Ya. The polymers photodestruction, photooxidation, photostabilization. M.: Mir, 1978. 675 p.
- Voigt I. Stabilization of synthetic polymers exposed to the effects of light and heat. L.: Chemistry, 1972. 544 p.
- Pavlov N.N. Aging of plastics in natural and artificial conditions. M.: Chemistry, 1982. 224 p.
- Ulrich Schulz Accelerated Testing: Nature and Artificial Weathering in the Coatings Industry. Hannover, Germany, VINCENTZ, 2009. 187 p.
- On the issue of determining sorbed moisture in polymer composite materials / E.V. Nikolaev, M.R. Pavlov, A.B. Laptev [et al.] // Proceedings of VIAM, 2017. No. 8 (56). P. 64–73.
- Startsev V.O., Khrulev K.A., Evdokimov A.A. The influence of seasonality of climatic effects on the change in color characteristics of epoxy enamel EP-140 // Corrosion: materials, protection, 2017. No. 6. P. 31–36.
- Belinsky V.A. Ultraviolet radiation from the sun and sky is an important element of the geographic environment. In: Climate and Man. M.: Thought, 1972. P. 17–28.
- Biodegradation of materials and equipment / S.A. Semenov, K.Z. Gumargalieva I.G. Kalinina [et al.] // Vestnik MITT, 2007. V. 2. No. 6. P. 3–26.
- Microbiological resistance tests in a warm, moist climate / A.V. Polyakova, A.A. Krivushina, Yu.S. Goryashnik [et al.] // Proceedings of VIAM, 2013. No. 7. P. 6–28.